Didn’t have to pay in Vientiane - is this common?

It wasn’t very busy at the consulate today, 2 People on a table checking documents.

About 1/3 were pointed towards A/B windows.

2/3 of people were being given a number + sheet saying when to come back tomorrow and told to go away.

I even asked about payment because I thought you had to pay first, but they just said show form tomorrow.

Is this normal?

cheers 

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Yes, though it will probably change at some point as you are paying for the work done to process the application. So even if the visa is refused there will normally have been work done in vetting the application.

If visa is refused you still have to pay.

If visa is refused you still have to pay.
I doubt it before they changed it to pay when you pick it up I was a few days late once picking it up they ripped my visa out of my passport (not stamped it void) and gave me my 1000THB back and told me to reapply.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, juice777 said:

I doubt it before they changed it to pay when you pick it up I was a few days late once picking it up they ripped my visa out of my passport (not stamped it void) and gave me my 1000THB back and told me to reapply.

As the visa is rather firmly attached to the page it is on as far as I know ripping the visa out would mean removing a page from your passport and so for most countries making the passport void as it is damaged.

But they do warn you that you must collect the passport and visa next day or the visa will be cancelled.

As the visa is rather firmly attached to the page it is on as far as I know ripping the visa out would mean removing a page from your passport and so for most countries making the passport void as it is damaged.

But they do warn you that you must collect the passport and visa next day or the visa will be cancelled.

It left a sticky page and when I left as they couldn't find my loas visa because it got stuck on the sticky page.I was there for 15 mins while we were all looking through my passport for my visa.

I got to Vintanine late because my bus caught on fire so I had to put my passport in on a Friday and it was also Songkran so it meant I would have to stay in Vientiane for 4 days.So I went to Vang Veing and I was too relaxed to leave.I did ask on here if I could pick it up late and someone said I could.

And it was a Friday so then I had to wait till the Monday.Everybody said they should have printed void on it and it was very unprofessional of them.Because it looks like I ripped it out myself.

The page is sort of thinner now and you can see 1 stamp on the next page through it.

2 hours ago, juice777 said:

It left a sticky page and when I left as they couldn't find my loas visa because it got stuck on the sticky page.I was there for 15 mins while we were all looking through my passport for my visa.

I got to Vintanine late because my bus caught on fire so I had to put my passport in on a Friday and it was also Songkran so it meant I would have to stay in Vientiane for 4 days.So I went to Vang Veing and I was too relaxed to leave.I did ask on here if I could pick it up late and someone said I could.

And it was a Friday so then I had to wait till the Monday.Everybody said they should have printed void on it and it was very unprofessional of them.Because it looks like I ripped it out myself.

The page is sort of thinner now and you can see 1 stamp on the next page through it.

Given your Songkran ref this must all have happened nearly a year ago at least. Have you undertaken any further international travel since then and, if so, were any problems with your passport raised?

Given your Songkran ref this must all have happened nearly a year ago at least. Have you undertaken any further international travel since then and, if so, were any problems with your passport raised?
It was about 2 years ago I have crossed many borders by land no problems.I have to renew my passport soon do you think I will have problems?

48 minutes ago, OJAS said:

here is the thread from before

The Cambodian visas tend to fall out of their volition due to Cambodian-standard glue. Once it happened in the Thai Hong Kong consulate as the consular officer opened the passport. "What is this?" she screeched at me. "Just a Cambodian visa sticker, they always fall out," I replied. And immediately in that curious Chinese manner, an abrupt change of topic, head down, examining my visa documents as I retrieved the errant sticker.

The Cambodian visas tend to fall out of their volition due to Cambodian-standard glue. Once it happened in the Thai Hong Kong consulate as the consular officer opened the passport. "What is this?" she screeched at me. "Just a Cambodian visa sticker, they always fall out," I replied. And immediately in that curious Chinese manner, an abrupt change of topic, head down, examining my visa documents as I retrieved the errant sticker.
Yes all 3 of mine Cambodian Visa stickers are falling out the glue is rubbish.

On 3/23/2018 at 10:51 AM, juice777 said:

I have to renew my passport soon do you think I will have problems?

If the page containing the removed visa and stamp showing through from the following page sticks out like a sore thumb in the passport copies you are required to submit with your renewal application, it might be a good idea to include an explanation at section 8 (More information) of the application form. That said, unless the passport photopage has been damaged in some way, I would have thought it unlikely that you would encounter any problems.

EDIT: I am, of course, assuming that you're a fellow Brit - as I recall to be the case from previous postings, unless I'm dreaming!:closedeyes:

Edited by OJAS

Acaulaty looking it more carefully the page isn't as damaged as much as I thought.You can still make out the picture on the page of the English countryside.However there is a tiny bit of the visa stamp left on the page.I think the best thing is to say nothing unless they ask.