BREAKING: Police to ban water splashing on all main and secondary roads during Songkran

snoop1130

BREAKING: Police to ban water splashing on all main and secondary roads during Songkran

songkran.jpg

The Royal Thai Police will impose a total ban on water splashing on main and secondary roads throughout the country during the seven-day Songkran festival  from April 11-17 to ensure road safety for revelers and other motorists.

Pol Gen Srivara Ransibrahmanakul, the deputy national police chief, said Wednesday (March 21) that police would coordinate with local administrators to designate zones where revelers can enjoy water splashing safely and devoid of all kinds of alcohol.

He said that police would strictly enforce alcohol control law by banning all alcoholic drinks in the zones designated for water festival.

Any shops located in the designated zones which are found selling alcohols will be strictly dealt with, he warned, adding that police would also check alcohol drinking by youths under 20.

Traffic police throughout the country have been instructed to facilitate travelling by revelers by opening up more traffic lanes for out-bound traffic during the start of the festival as revelers flock out of cities for their destinations.  The same measure will also be applied on the way back for in-bound traffic at the end of the festival.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-ban-water-splashing-main-secondary-roads-songkran/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-3-21
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Emmess said:

Glad to hear it, well done! No more drunken gangs of youths throwing buckets of water into on coming motorcyclists and covering the ones that stop with talcum powder in the eyes.

Just wondering, how long have you been in Thailand. Wouldn't be too long if you are taking this seriously mate. 

Pretty dangerous activity I think. How ever funny throwing water might be it is not worth knocking a person off a motorcycle resulting in a death or serious injury.

Throwing water is one thing but i've seen them pumping klongwater with huge pumps and firemenhoses to spray on everybody at the roads.

It even came in my beer while i was in a pickuptruck, didn't make me sick though.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Gen Srivara Ransibrahmanakul, the deputy national police chief, said Wednesday (March 21) that police would coordinate with local administrators to designate zones where revelers can enjoy water splashing safely and devoid of all kinds of alcohol.

He said that police would strictly enforce alcohol control law by banning all alcoholic drinks in the zones designated for water festival.

Any shops located in the designated zones which are found selling alcohols will be strictly dealt with, he warned, adding that police would also check alcohol drinking by youths under 20.

returning happiness

7 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Just for the record: murder, theft, gambling, prostitution, and drunk driving are also banned in Thailand. :saai: Why is this particular ban "good news"?

Its "stand alone" good news .

"murder, theft, gambling, prostitution, and drunk driving" are different topics

"The Royal Thai Police will impose a total ban on water splashing on main and secondary roads throughout the country during the seven-day Songkran festival..."

That should be as successful as their ban on  prostitution. 

Edited by jaltsc
  • Thanks 1

He said that police would never enforce the alcohol control law by subsidizing all alcoholic drinks in the zones designated for water festival.

Any shops located in the designated zones which are found not selling alcohol will be strictly dealt with, he warned, adding that police would also ensure alcohol drinking by youths under 20.

Wet dreams.jpg

• Haha 1

I think it can be done. 

the people will go to designated areas if the police come and enforce it. I think the police will enforce it .

Places like Pattaya will be impossible but most areas in Bangkok it will get done and in most cities across the country it will get done.

Once the police start stopping the trucks and fining them the thai's will cave in. It will be like a check stop they will see it and turn tail and go where they are allowed.