Changi airport voted the world’s best airport for the 6th consecutive year

webfact

Changi airport voted the world’s best airport for the 6th consecutive year

By Thai PBS

Changi-airport-.jpg

Singapore’s Changi airport has been voted the world’s best airport for the sixth year running by more than 13 million travelers in a global survey by London-based research firm Skytrax, Straits Times Online reported on Thursday.

The result of the global survey was announced at the Passenger Terminal Expo in Stockholm, Sweden, on Wednesday night.

Changi airport clinched the top spot ahead of South Korea’s Incheon international airport which was ranked second followed by Tokyo’s Haneda airport which came third. Changi also topped the list for best leisure amenities.

The 2018 Awards are based on 13.73 million airport survey questionnaires that were completed by airport customers of over 100 nationalities between August last year and last month.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/changi-airport-voted-worlds-best-airport-6th-consecutive-year/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-22
  • Like 1

Yup it sure is the best airport of the world, EVERYTHING is perfect....

I searched for a Google Audiocast  in BKK for a long time but couldn't find it anywhere, at Changi i could just buy it in 3 minutes in a shop.

Nairita airport though was a big disappointment in Tokyo.

But i don't like to see people from 80 years old working at the airport, singapore is so rich they should let those old people retire (if they also want that of course).

Having worked out of Changi for nearly 6 years in the early 90's when they only had 2 terminals, it was up near the top 10 or in the top 10 then. It was a seamless experience from deplaning to catching a taxi, then as it is now, only they now achieve #1 spot in the survey year after year.

It will be a while before ant other airport can top Changi.

Many times flying in from Phuket ten to twelve minutes from leaving the plane doors and I am in a taxi.....only have carry-on luggage...Once it was 15 minutes .....I was going to give the airport manager an earful :) 

Edited by Phuket Stan
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, my friend I said:

Do they mean all four terminals? Don't know why all places don't just copy them

Going out on a limb here, maybe.

They provide a service without being subservient and without the attitude of you should be thankful we are here so don't complain. 

They realise that if you provide a good organised service then people will be more inclined to use that service instead of other places in the area and both parties will benefit.

You could call it forward thinking.

SIN  serves a very different clientele than BKK so the comparisons made in this thread are irrelevant. I suggest the critics of BKK  look in the mirror because they are most likely a reflection of why BKK is the way it is.  The point is that the demographics of the people with a destination of SIN are such that the  immigration and management process reflects that. Handling transit pax is very different than managing the inflow of pax. 

Singapore is not a destination for junketeers, sex tourists, or financially marginal people.

The budget transit  pax from  the labour markets are managed quite differently than  tourist  transit pax.  They are treated like cattle and do not vote in these  surveys.

Definitely head and shoulders above the rest, lots of things to do incl free internet and movie theatre. I just wish the staff would toss out all the Indians and Bangladeshi's who use the dark theatre  as a safe haven before getting a boarding pass somewhere else.

Australian airports are dreadful.  Very pax unfriendly and 4 dollars for a luggage trolley.  What a joke.

Edited by lanista

15 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

SIN  serves a very different clientele than BKK so the comparisons made in this thread are irrelevant. I suggest the critics of BKK  look in the mirror because they are most likely a reflection of why BKK is the way it is.  The point is that the demographics of the people with a destination of SIN are such that the  immigration and management process reflects that. Handling transit pax is very different than managing the inflow of pax. 

Singapore is not a destination for junketeers, sex tourists, or financially marginal people.

The budget transit  pax from  the labour markets are managed quite differently than  tourist  transit pax.  They are treated like cattle and do not vote in these  surveys.

How wrong you are. Changi makes it easy for getting to any region in Thailand I want to go to without the hasle of BKK.

I was one of those who voted for Changi in the survey, so I am not surprised other people also think so.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Changi has a budget terminal where Tiger air flies out of. Not  bad place even the food and souvenirs a cheap.