Proof of Adequate Finance -Tourist Visa

I have 750 US dollars in my possession and I am in the process of applying for a tourist visa from CKGS in India. I had purchased the currency from my travel agent last year for another trip which did not happen. I wish to know how I can show that I had adequate finance when applying for a tourist visa instead of bank statement. Thank you.

Also I am insecure about visa on arrival - the fear that I would be rejected for some silly reason scares me. 

Any help appreciated. 

As far as I know there is no way to get around the requirement to show a bank statement.

The reason they want that is due need of something that can be filed away with the application.

If you are not staying longer than 15 days the visa on arrival would be a good option. I don't recall any reports of people being denied one if they had a ticket out of the country within 15 days and the equivalent of 20k baht in cash to show.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know there is no way to get around the requirement to show a bank statement.

The reason they want that is due need of something that can be filed away with the application.

If you are not staying longer than 15 days the visa on arrival would be a good option. I don't recall any reports of people being denied one if they had a ticket out of the country within 15 days and the equivalent of 20k baht in cash to show.

Just 4-5 days. Bank statement is a pain in the unmentionable, believe you me, banking really sucks like never never ever before in India, I am ashamed to say.  Ok, thanks, will get it then. Is visa free? 

8 minutes ago, RampersadT said:

Will I get a receipt upon payment? Will they accept hard cash? Should I go and get Thai baht from the travel agent, then? 

Yes and Yes. You will need baht to pay the fee. There are exchange booths at the airport prior to where you apply for the visa on arrival.

28 minutes ago, RampersadT said:

Will I get a receipt upon payment? Will they accept hard cash? Should I go and get Thai baht from the travel agent, then? 

You will get a receipt. I am guessing you will get a better rate (though not great) buying your Thai baht on arrival at an exchange booth before the VOA application desk than you would from your travel agent. You can verify the US$->THB exchange rate available at http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/WebServices/Rates/Pages/FX_Rates.aspx

Change the minimum at the exchange booths provided by the banks. SuperRich exchange booths (available in many locations) give a much better rate.

• Thanks 1

Is it possible for me to leave Thailand on the 60th day ( on the last day of my stay allowance) and go to one of the neighbouring countries and apply to the Royal Thai consulate there for a fresh tourist visa and get a stay of 60 days upon entry --because at the max a border run would give an Indian not more than seven days to leave Thailand and would hate to come back to my country to do so. 

3 hours ago, RampersadT said:

Is it possible for me to leave Thailand on the 60th day ( on the last day of my stay allowance) and go to one of the neighbouring countries and apply to the Royal Thai consulate there for a fresh tourist visa and get a stay of 60 days upon entry --because at the max a border run would give an Indian not more than seven days to leave Thailand and would hate to come back to my country to do so. 

You will have great difficulty, as an Indian national, applying for a tourist visa anywhere else but in India.

Although not easy to get, you should try for a multiple entry tourist visa in India before coming if you wish to spend more than 60 days in Thailand.

7 hours ago, RampersadT said:

Is it possible for me to leave Thailand on the 60th day ( on the last day of my stay allowance) and go to one of the neighbouring countries and apply to the Royal Thai consulate there for a fresh tourist visa and get a stay of 60 days upon entry --because at the max a border run would give an Indian not more than seven days to leave 

How are going to stay for 60 days if you get a visa on arrival that only allows a 15 day entry or you referring to a tourist visa entry if you were able to get one.

You will not be able to apply for a tourist visa anywhere in the region. India is on the list of countries whose citizens can only get visas in their home country.

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

Although not easy to get, you should try for a multiple entry tourist visa in India before coming if you wish to spend more than 60 days in Thailand.

How does that work when border runs only gets the Indian 7 days? When I checked multiple entry is on the list of visas granted here. So on the 60th day on a METV what do I do to get an extension of stay?

2 minutes ago, RampersadT said:

How does that work when border runs only gets the Indian 7 days? When I checked multiple entry is on the list of visas granted here. So on the 60th day on a METV what do I do to get an extension of stay?

If you had a multiple entry tourist visa you would get a new 60 day entry at a border crossing up to the date the visa expired. If you did not have a visa you would not be able to get any days unless it was a crossing where you could get a 15 day visa on arrival.

The 7 days is what you would get if you applied for an extension of the 60 day entry from a tourist visa or a visa on arrival at immigration.

2 minutes ago, RampersadT said:

have got 750 for the 4-5 days. if intend to stay longer, will surely have to carry more. why u jumpin the gun man? 

Why you care?  You seemed to be concerned about having exactly 750, as if having more would be a problem.  Then you ask about 60 days or METV.  So all of a sudden you have financial means to stay longer?  sure.  It all sounds suspicious.  But carry on

13 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Why you care?  You seemed to be concerned about having exactly 750, as if having more would be a problem.  Then you ask about 60 days or METV.  So all of a sudden you have financial means to stay longer?  sure.  It all sounds suspicious.  But carry on

I get your point man thanks. let me know if you had better ideas to share.