Looking For House On Or Very Near Golf Course - With Membership

Yesterday, I went with a friend to look at potential sites on a golf course. The houses were big of course and very affordable when we called to inquire about monthly rates.

This was only at one golf course site and I know there are more. This golf course was south of the airport, maybe a good distance southeast of the airport. So, far enough away from the CBD.

For my work and to keep me off the streets, This looks like the perfect area to live. Quiet, big space, easy golf access, easy access to the highway and to the airport.

I want to work out to have a golf membershhp included with the house rental

I'd prefer access to a decent pool as well.

DOes this sound like too much to ask. This would be my ideal to settling for living in a condo on Suk.

Well,

I have found a few places; but, I think one needs to pounce on the nice properties when you see them.

THe bad part is: you can't stay there for a week first to test the waters and how they ripple all the day.

For example, I went to one place that had a nice open airy design with a pool. I saw there were about 10 thai men outside doing some work. It looked like maintenance. So I asked anyways "Is that work just one off or do they do that everyweek. SUrprisingly, the house overlooker said it happened everyday - somehtin to do with pumping water for the whole area. So.... you have 10 thai men who will soon know everything about you and your house and when you are there and when you are not. Not for me.

I am workign on a brillilant housing option now. its so big, I am thinking of buying a pool table now, a 9 footer so I just need to verify the footprint.

The story with a friend that did rent a detached house on a golf course that included membership, was that he fully expected to be able to just pop out and play a few holes next to the house, he was a member after all............BUT he was NOT allowed under any circumstance to play or practice on the course WITHOUT a caddy.

Otherwise all good. Used to love popping around for a beer :o