March 24, 20188 yr Hello, I got a new car and want to repaint some parts of the car, ie. the rims + roof. Does this void warranty in any circumstances? I bought a warranty upgrade so I am really bothered if this could void it. Edited March 24, 20188 yr by IsaanFam
March 25, 20188 yr Get a Thai speaker to go to the dealer and ask, or better still email the rides manufacturers head office, if they reply "OK", print it off for security. If you paint it, don't forget to go to the LTO and get your blue book amended regarding colour changes..
March 25, 20188 yr Author I forgot to add: I will use Plasti Dip, it is non permanent and can be peeled off easily. I will ask the dealer but I guess it doesn't matter what his answer will be, because the reality check will come up if some warranty issues arise.
March 25, 20188 yr 8 minutes ago, IsaanFam said: I forgot to add: I will use Plasti Dip, it is non permanent and can be peeled off easily. I will ask the dealer but I guess it doesn't matter what his answer will be, because the reality check will come up if some warranty issues arise. Don't forget it is a fine-able offense not to inform LTO about colour change, l would think it doesn't matter if it is stick on or not. Just make inquiries to be safe...
March 25, 20188 yr Author 4 hours ago, transam said: Don't forget it is a fine-able offense not to inform LTO about colour change, l would think it doesn't matter if it is stick on or not. Just make inquiries to be safe... I am more serious about the warranty. Anybody with real experience?
March 25, 20188 yr 5 minutes ago, IsaanFam said: I am more serious about the warranty. Anybody with real experience? Your main dealer or manufacturer is the one with the real experience...
March 25, 20188 yr Popular Post 5 hours ago, IsaanFam said: I forgot to add: I will use Plasti Dip, it is non permanent and can be peeled off easily. I will ask the dealer but I guess it doesn't matter what his answer will be, because the reality check will come up if some warranty issues arise. "I will ask the dealer but I guess it doesn't matter what his answer will be..." You're right, but it carries a lot more weight than anything said here which will mean nothing if you get into a warranty claim! The manufacturer will not be swayed by "but an anonymous bloke on Thaivisa said...". Unless you have a warranty claim with a roof issue (unlikely) or a claim regarding the wheels, much more likely particularly if you have modified them (sanding down before plasti-dipping for example), you should not have any warranty problems on parts not modified.
March 26, 20188 yr Ask the manufacturer of the vehicle. The dealers will try to weasel out of warranties on any pretext, it's how they make money on non-warranty work. IMHO a paint job should not void any warranty apart from the original paint.
March 26, 20188 yr On 3/25/2018 at 9:17 AM, transam said: Don't forget it is a fine-able offense not to inform LTO about colour change, l would think it doesn't matter if it is stick on or not. Just make inquiries to be safe... Have you ever had a cop check your blue book ? The color change urban legend is as stupid as defamation law ! Who is sued ? When ? And people keep repeating these stupid things...
March 26, 20188 yr Op I called the manufacture for you, they said No! you can't paint your car, if you do you will be fined, the warranty will be canceled, they will repo the car and then check on your visa! However I'm sure you will paint anyway, so why ask?
March 27, 20188 yr Popular Post 9 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said: Have you ever had a cop check your blue book ? The color change urban legend is as stupid as defamation law ! Who is sued ? When ? And people keep repeating these stupid things... So folk never get "done" for defamation in LOS..... Anyhoooo, this is the motoring forum and if I want the readers to know stuff that is the law I will write it.
March 27, 20188 yr On 3/25/2018 at 2:14 PM, Just Weird said: "I will ask the dealer but I guess it doesn't matter what his answer will be..." You're right, but it carries a lot more weight than anything said here which will mean nothing if you get into a warranty claim! The manufacturer will not be swayed by "but an anonymous bloke on Thaivisa said...". Unless you have a warranty claim with a roof issue (unlikely) or a claim regarding the wheels, much more likely particularly if you have modified them (sanding down before plasti-dipping for example), you should not have any warranty problems on parts not modified.
March 27, 20188 yr 3 minutes ago, Acemaker said: I'd love to know what your juvenile emojis, or whatever they're called, mean.
March 28, 20188 yr Author Kurwa, I like the car so much now with all the original paint I am not so sure I am going to pasti dip it anway, 12k THB wasted.
March 28, 20188 yr 21 hours ago, Just Weird said: I'd love to know what your juvenile emojis, or whatever they're called, mean. Google is your friend ...
Create an account or sign in to comment