Thai eating habits

superal

Every Brit will happily tear chapattis, nans and the like, leaving the bit they didn't take, which will be eaten by someone else. A dry, abrasive bread is exactly the kind of thing that removes everything from your hands. What do we know from recent research? The solution to many really serious gut problems is a fecal transplant - Google it. I'd worry less. You can get "things" from being infected, and much, much worse things from not being infected.  

On 3/31/2018 at 3:49 PM, Shiver said:

Doesn't bother me with sharing habits, though I will use a 'transport spoon' between the food and myself just out of courtesy.

Last week for example I was sat eating peanuts in a dish with some thai friends and used a spoon to put them in my hand.  They noticed and copied.  Really wasn't necessary, but they took it upon themselves to do so.

Yes! The definition of a gentleman. Someone is sitting at a table and out of ignorance drinks from a finger-bowl. What will a gentleman do? He will, of course, instantly drink from his own finger-bowl in order to spare the other person any embarrassment. 

• Thanks 1