Only CPP children can be my successor: PM

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen said yesterday that a successor to his decades-long premiership will be a child from within the ruling CPP rather than from other political parties. Speaking yesterday during a groundbreaking ceremony of a stretch of National Road 5 linking Battambang province to Serei Saophoan city in Banteay Meanchey province, Mr Hun Sen said those who would succeed him would be children from the Cambodian People’s Party.

Mr Hun Sen’s remarks on succession came after some opposition politicians spoke of the changing Khmer New Year angel every year, noting that the premier had not changed for more than 30 years. “I told them that if they change the [Prime Minister], the replacement will still be a child from a devoted angel,” Mr Hun Sen said. “If the Prime Minister of Cambodia is changed, he must come from the Cambodian People’s Party because only children of an angel would succeed an angel.”

Mr Hun Sen first took office on January 14, 1985, becoming the world’s youngest prime minister at 32 years of age. He was elected by the National Assembly after having served as foreign minister. He also recently vowed to rule the country for 10 more years after Kem Sokha, former leader of the now-dissolved opposition CNRP, was jailed on treason charges.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50116214/only-cpp-children-can-be-my-successor-pm/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times /