Video: Bad behavior could land litter kicker in jail, says online lawyer

webfact

Video: Bad behavior could land litter kicker in jail, says online lawyer

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A video from the dash cam of a car showed a member of the public warn a driver not to litter after he threw some trash onto the road from a car.

But the driver of the Toyota Altis gets out and in fury kicks the trash in the direction of the Good Samaritan before driving off.

Online lawyer Rannarong Kaewpetch - the go to legal expert often quoted by Daily News - said that littering itself is punishable by a fine of up to 2,000 baht.

The actions of the driver would not constitute assault but according to Article 397 could be construed as causing annoyance and warrant a fine of 5,000 baht.

But the case could be dealt with as being in public and therefore subject to a further penalty that would allow for a month in jail or a fine of 10,000 baht or both.

The clip was posted on Facebook on the page of "Jazzy Berry" who was appalled by the behavior of the driver saying:

"You obviously want to be famous - let's make that happen".

Adverse comment was rife on Thai social media.

Though Daily News vaselined out the license plate it was clearly visible and may well attract the interest of police.

Watch this space!

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-27

25 minutes ago, webfact said:

The clip was posted on Facebook on the page of "Jazzy Berry" who was appalled by the behavior of the driver saying:

"You obviously want to be famous - let's make that happen".

I don’t think it’s the litter bug who’s desperate to make themself famous Jazzy...

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Two on the members of the Hash House harriers were each fined 2000 Baht in Bangkok for writing chalk arrows on the sidewalk! 

So yes.

That's up there with Bridge and Darts re stupidity ?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, webfact said:

"Though Daily News vaselined out the license plate it was clearly visible and may well attract the interest of police."

Has my eyesight deteriorated that much? I can see it's been digitally obscured, but there's no way I could read it.

The fine for littering is not much but it is a start. Only recently In my corner of Thailand has the gov't started placing signs in regards to trash. It doesn't work yet, but at least it is start.

For several years now, every Monday around 3pm, I load up the sidecar with two bags of trash and head about two miles east to the local market. Here is where the trash truck should be parked, but he is usually late. Invariably, I pull up to a mound of abandoned trash bags with plastic and garbage thrown about and wait. Right next to a large sign displaying a B2,000 fine for dumping trash at this location.

The locals think I am crazy for waiting on the truck instead of just leaving my trash bags on the pile. My reasoning is that it is a small way to demonstrate responsibility to the locals. Don't know if my idea is going to work or not, as I have only been doing it for the last three years. I am thinking next year might be the turning point...

sign.JPG

29 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Has my eyesight deteriorated that much? I can see it's been digitally obscured, but there's no way I could read it.

No need for the optician's yet. Daily News who published the video in their report blurred the license plate number. The original video as recorded by the person named as Jazzy Berry will show the number clearly if the police are intending to follow this up with a visit to the" litter big man"

8 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

No need for the optician's yet. Daily News who published the video in their report blurred the license plate number. The original video as recorded by the person named as Jazzy Berry will show the number clearly if the police are intending to follow this up with a visit to the" litter big man"

Oh thank goodness for that!

Yes, I did a search and found the unobscured number plate on FB.

I could just about see it was a Bangkok reg, and the registration itself is quite clear.

Good, I can go back to doing what I was always told would make me go blind.

• Haha 1

My ex wife has a nice house ,when i lived there i would daily pick up all the trash her little #**T kid of a son and her Father would lob around the yard i drove past the other day and stopped to say Hello,the whole yard was just full of rubbish,i don't understand them,do they magically think it will one day dissapear,or don't they see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TVGerry said:

2000 baht fine for littering? And they're letting people off with 500 baht and a wai for dangerous driving and beating people up? Hmmm :whistling:

Priorities please...

1 hour ago, YetAnother said:

i could cite this by people i encounter in 'daily life' more-than-a-little every day

Me  too stand  outside any 7-11 or  drive thru the nice rural countryside as they discard  it  all off the bike/pick up as they go down the lanes. THAIS U R DIRTY!!

Better still the "attitude" being told about this, just imagine a "nasty foreign devil" telling this "master  race Thai" the same thing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I think they just don't see it, as they're doing exactly the same as they have done all their lives.

Years ago I picked up some rubbish on the street and put it in a nearby bin.

I was criticised by my g/f at the time, as someone had a job picking up litter and I was depriving them of doing it.

You should have offered to buy her a brain cell but then told her it wasnt your job either and you didnt want to deprive a  gnat of its  future.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Oh thank goodness for that!

Yes, I did a search and found the unobscured number plate on FB.

I could just about see it was a Bangkok reg, and the registration itself is quite clear.

Good, I can go back to doing what I was always told would make me go blind.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Two on the members of the Hash House harriers were each fined 2000 Baht in Bangkok for writing chalk arrows on the sidewalk! 

So yes.

So, how much to the BiB's fine themselves for spray painting lines around accident scenes?