Are Self Driving Cars the Answer for Thailand?

RikDao

Hey, sorry! I put this in the wrong category! I thought it said Driving in Thailand! My mistake! 

I don't know how to change it to the correct category! 

If somebody else (like the moderator) knows how, feel free to do so!

Thanks!

19 hours ago, RikDao said:

Hey, sorry! I put this in the wrong category! I thought it said Driving in Thailand! My mistake! 

I don't know how to change it to the correct category! 

If somebody else (like the moderator) knows how, feel free to do so!

Thanks!

Report it to a moderator.

Could be a good idea, but must let Thais program them to violate all traffic regulations, as we all know falangs cannot drive to Thai impeccable standards. Ever had the misfortune to watch the Thai driving test take exactly 3 minutes that’s unless someone takes 35 attempts in the 60 metre parallel parking zone before receiving their license to be let out in their new shiny unpaid for Chelsea Tractor.

• Like 1

Self-driving cars may never work in Thailand. There has to be an expectation of traffic rules

and drivers following them. Unless all cars were to be self-driving and a magic wand is

waived making scooter drivers obey the rules of the road I just can't see it working here

for another 50 years or so. 

4 minutes ago, Ulic said:

Self-driving cars may never work in Thailand. There has to be an expectation of traffic rules

and drivers following them. Unless all cars were to be self-driving and a magic wand is

waived making scooter drivers obey the rules of the road I just can't see it working here

for another 50 years or so. 

2 wheeler self-rider technology will soon 'catch up' to fill the gap :thumbsup:

Image result for riderless bike

Edited by tifino

What has changed?   Sure it would great but here who will make sure they don't disengage the unit. Then 85% of the death are motorbike related.  What is self driving is the system now no police in sight the % is slim and none which comes real close to self driving system?

On 3/28/2018 at 11:13 AM, siamcrut said:

Yes they are! So every Thai can watch Thai soaps and play candy crush while sitting behind the steering wheel.

No need self-driving cars for this here, in Thailand. Thais are experiencing this already.

• Haha 1

The plain idea of being 100% controlled and dependent on any technology

is a nightmare !!!

But it seems that people rather like to replace their own brain with a computer ... not only in Thailand.

Just for the info:

Electric cars are highly unhealthy due to the high radiation levels.

The technology used for "self driving" is even worse ....

There is NOTHING good about it unless you want to control everything everywhere [like Governments always do].

... but still people think it's all fine. A disaster to come much faster than anybody wants to imagine.

• Thanks 1

Wonderfull idea for Thailand. Can drink, phone, play and make love while the vehicule is driving for you. Only recommendation to self driving car developpers : in case of accident do not give the black box the option of potential brake failure.... thai drivers being already equipped with??

2 hours ago, brain150 said:

The plain idea of being 100% controlled and dependent on any technology

is a nightmare !!!

But it seems that people rather like to replace their own brain with a computer ... not only in Thailand.

Just for the info:

Electric cars are highly unhealthy due to the high radiation levels.

The technology used for "self driving" is even worse ....

There is NOTHING good about it unless you want to control everything everywhere [like Governments always do].

... but still people think it's all fine. A disaster to come much faster than anybody wants to imagine.

PPleare continuously destroying their health and decreasing the capabilities of their mind. Leaving alone the soap opers, the majority of Hollywood films and all kinda garbages like this an easy calculator makes us impossible to make a simple addition or subtraction in our mind, mobile phones have the phone numbers of our connections, thus we do not have to memorize long numbers. Moreover, these gadgets gift us a nice amount of radiation every day. Processed food, fruit drinks, the overwhelming majority we eat or drink have chemicals added. One can be sure he does not eat what is written on the package.

In Thailand, ppl have forgotten to walk, etc. etc.

The face of the devil is under the makeup.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:33 AM, RikDao said:

Anybody agree?

Sorry, but I have to say no – and especially after the Uber accident – Thai traffic is way to unpredictable, I believe even for the best ever futuristic invented self-learning driver-less-car-software...:sad:

Self  driving cars, what next? we will quickly come to a point where we don't need people or at least people who can think! Maybe that is the plan ?

Or maybe Thailand is ahead of everyone as it already has a huge population who appear to be incapable of thinking :shock1:

Yes they are! So every Thai can watch Thai soaps and play candy crush while sitting behind the steering wheel.
They do that already. The majority of cars I see driving around Chiang Mai have the 'driver' <deleted> around with their phone.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant