Samui cycling trip for families

webfact

Samui cycling trip for families

ff62d210d1c02559229870ac40086951.jpeg

Photo: Tourism Authority of Thailand

A three-day ‘Pan Yok Khrua Tour Ko Samui Talui Ko Taen’ family cycling trip will be held during April 6-8, 2018, offering a chance for families to have healthy fun together amid the beautiful islands of the Gulf of Thailand.

The trip is open for 400 Thai and foreign family cyclists with a registration fee of 600 Baht each inclusive of a brand shirt and six meals. The fee does not cover accommodation, but space for camping tents is available free-of-charge on Ko Taen.

Nongyao Jirundorn, Director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Ko Samui Office, said: “Samui can be seen for the first time and on repeat visits in different ways. Cycling offers the chance to discover unique Thai local experiences and the ‘Thainess’ of the locals, while embracing an inclusive tourism approach which TAT is focusing more on with the ‘Open to the New Shades’ marketing concept.”

Coming under the long established ‘Amazing Thailand’ brand, ‘Open to the New Shades’ encourages tourists to discover Thailand again and again, each time from a new perspective.

“This ‘Pan Yok Khrua Tour Ko Samui Talui Ko Taen’ trip is, as its namesake, to encourage the entire family to enjoy cycling together or ‘Pan Yok Khrua’ while exploring the beautiful scenery and key attractions of Ko Samui and Ko Taen,” added Ms. Nongyao.

The three-day programme will begin with participant registration and shirt collection at Na Thon Pier on Ko Samui from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, April 6.

On Saturday, April 7, registration will continue from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., followed by a welcome speech by Ms. Nongyao Jirundorn, Director of TAT’s Ko Samui Office, after which the bicycle caravan will set off along Provincial Highway 4169 and 4174 to It-viset Pier at Na Sai Bay.

From here, the group will travel by ferry to nearby Ko Taen, for the event’s opening ceremony and CSR activities. Hosted by Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui and the Chumphon Provincial Office of Natural Resources and the Environment, this will see participants helping release marine life (saltwater clams, turtles and fish) into the sea and cleaning up the mangrove forest area at the Tan Marina Bay Resort and Restaurant.

The day’s programme also includes time for cycling and sightseeing through Ko Taen’s picturesque scenery, and dinner along with folk songs, storytelling and other fun as well as a lucky draw. Participants can choose whether to stay a night on Ko Taen, or return to Ko Samui for their night’s rest.

On Sunday, the programme features more cycling and sightseeing; this time along Ko Samui’s scenic route with stops at key attractions including the Guan Yu Shrine, the White Jade Buddha image at Wat Samret, Wat Phra Chedi Laem So, Khao Le and Bang Kao Beaches.

Following lunch, the group will cycle along a scenic tourist route back to Na Thon Pier for the conclusion of the Pan Yok Khrua Tour Ko Samui Talui Ko Taen’ trip.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Travel_log/30341827

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-28

Let me guess....cosponsored by Bangkok Samui hospital.
That is a guaranteed way of drumming up business, might as well have an ambulance following the pack to pick up the pieces.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'll take my chances jumping off my 6th floor balcony.... Chances of survival exponentially higher :)

Please try and get back to us.  Curious to know how a nice island bike ride compares.

The door and gloom, chicken little the sky is falling posters are so fun.

1 minute ago, HLover said:

Please try and get back to us.  Curious to know how a nice island bike ride compares.

The door and gloom, chicken little the sky is falling posters are so fun.

Oh dear, some people need to lighten up ( some a lot)..

It was said in jest... Although cycling anywhere in Thailand comes with high risk 

Just now, cornishcarlos said:

Oh dear, some people need to lighten up ( some a lot)..

It was said in jest... Although cycling anywhere in Thailand comes with high risk 

Good as I enjoy your posts and do not wish you to test your balcony theory.

• Haha 1

Am pretty sure the doom and gloom comments are made by Samui residents who are very aware of the lack of manners and care with which most drivers on Samui conduct their day.
Just comments based on observations.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

The arrangers have actually chosen a safe route in the south, where there's less traffic and fine paved roads – including cycling on an island without motorized vehicles – and probably lots of authorized attention, so no motorized vehicles will interfere with the cyclists...:smile: 

Realized i Need to EDIT my post and stand corrected, as a tractor has been spotted on Koh Taen...:whistling:

Edited by khunPer
  • Haha 1