Mobile phones behind bars: Hun Sen threatens to sack prison director

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen said yesterday that the Prey Sar prison director should be fired because the former director of the now-dissolved CNRP’s information department, Meach Sovannara, was able to gain access to a mobile phone while behind bars. Speaking yesterday during a graduation ceremony in Phnom Penh, Mr Hun Sen ordered the Ministry of Interior to look into the case.

“Come and take the phone away from Meach Sovannara. Why does Meach Sovannara have this phone? You have to take it away right away,” he said. “Sovannara may be listening [to me] because the phone is connected to the internet.” “Look at the prison director, if you cannot control people in the prison, the prison director must be fired,” Mr Hun Sen noted. “Why do you allow Meach Sovannara to talk on the phone every day? Now, if he still uses it, I have to fire you.”

“I want to tell you that you must stay in prison forever because your boss is very stupid,” Mr Hun Sen added, addressing Mr Sovannara and referring to former opposition leader Sam Rainsy. Mr Sovannara was arrested in November 2014 for his involvement in violent clashes with Daun Penh district security forces at Freedom Park in July 2014. He was sentenced along with two others to 20 years in prison for insurrection.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50116392/hun-sen-threatens-to-sack-prison-director/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 28/03