Rental car businesswoman files DSI complaint against ‘uniformed people’

webfact

Rental car businesswoman files DSI complaint against ‘uniformed people’

By Piyanuch Thamnukasetchai 
The Nation

a16f5f57c65d0c996a32a580f1950d93.jpeg

The owner of a Sara Buri-based rental car shop on Wednesday lodged a complaint with the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) in Bangkok, asking for help to retrieve two luxury cars worth Bt7 million that her customer had allegedly pawned.

Patcharin Yimyaem claimed a previous complaint to police had not yielded progress, which had prompted her to believe the case might involve “uniformed people”.

Patcharin submitted the complaint to DSI head of services Thatchakorn Annopphetch, who would pass it on to chief Pol Colonel Paisit Wongmuang.

She said her rental car shop had a fleet of 10 cars, two of which were a BMW X1 sedan and a Mercedes-Benz C-class sedan that had been rented to a customer last September for a month.

After failing to return the cars, the unidentified customer renewed the rental contract for another month, but Patcharin said she had become suspicious and checked the cars’ GPS data. As of November 14, the Mercedes-Benz was parked at Bang Bua Thong police station and the BMW in front of a Bang Bua Thong house.

Police then contacted Patcharin on December 4, telling her to appear as the cars’ owner after the customer filed a police complaint claiming the vehicles had been stolen.

She said she later learned that the customer had pawned the cars, prompting her to file police complaints with police in Bang Bua Thong and Sara Buri, but there had been no progress in the case.

She said wanted the DSI to investigate the case, which she suspected involved a criminal gang backed by “uniformed people” as many rental car business owners had experienced similar problems but not stepped forward because they feared “influential figures”.

However, she added that if the customer returned the cars, she would drop the complaints.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30341947

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-28

"As of November 14, the Mercedes-Benz was parked at Bang Bua Thong police station and the BMW in front of a Bang Bua Thong house." :cheesy:

I have a GPS tracker in my motorcycle. It works great.

TKStar 905 with app for real time tracking and all sorts of alarm functions.

My mate back in the UK has a leasing firm of his own. He said that one of his rentals hadn't been returned and they couldn't contact the person who rented it. He contacted the police to report it as stolen,  and within one hour they had stopped and arrested the driver and seized the car. My mate isn't a big fan of the old bill back home but even he was impressed. Don't think he'd enjoy reading this story. 

So glad all my work is online and that reputation is everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Patcharin Yimyaem claimed a previous complaint to police had not yielded progress, which had prompted her to believe the case might involve “uniformed people”.

The fact she must tip toe shows how broken Thai society is.  Real police and military have not patience for such non ethical behavior.  

• Like 1

Just remember, new Junta policy on anti corruption...

Investigation must start within a week, and be completed within a month!!!

I'm sure the good lady in this case can expect prompt results under the new policy... :cheesy:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

How can the lady expect progress in the case, when the police she complained to are probably involved.

Absolutely. Like black youth in the USA asking not to be murdered by the police and asking the police to investigate the crime. TIA! 

• Like 1

How does she know the cars were pawned?  Did she get paperwork from the pawn shop?  Who did the pawn shop pay the money to or transfer money to?  And why did she not go to the police on Dec 4 when they allegedly contacted her?  Sounds so incomplete.  And why not immediately sue the guy that leased the car?   I never hear anybody filing a law suit, it is always a "complaint" with some agency or some military group. 

On 3/28/2018 at 6:33 PM, rkidlad said:

My mate back in the UK has a leasing firm of his own. He said that one of his rentals hadn't been returned and they couldn't contact the person who rented it. He contacted the police to report it as stolen,  and within one hour they had stopped and arrested the driver and seized the car. My mate isn't a big fan of the old bill back home but even he was impressed. Don't think he'd enjoy reading this story. 

Yeah everything online is squeaky clean, just like Face<deleted>.

I trust you are joking?

We will see if this case disappears or if the DSI do their job?

On 3/28/2018 at 6:33 PM, rkidlad said:

Sadly, the quality of services here in the Land of Smiles?, is reflected by the corruption that seems to be a national business.