Tourists can't just come and do as they please, says Thai media

webfact

The article is about cultural and social mores, like it clearly states. Seems like a lot of posters here do not understand the meaning of that.
As a tourist coming to Thailand, or as a foreigner residing in Thailand, it´s very important to know the do´s and don´ts in thoose two particular areas.
People that do not understand the value of that, has absolutely nothing to do in Thailand. They should rightfully be fined a fairly large sum of money.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kannot said:

Nope, the problem is some rules are ignored, Id  like a book of which ones can be ignored, then again there would have to be 2  volumes one for Thai to ignore and one for foreigners

Still in the same little defensive line regarding how you believe and think the country should work. It doesn´t, and the more that realizies that, the more people will have a problem free life here.
If people do not want to respect Thai culture, there are two other options. Travel somewhere else, or stay home.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Not a bad idea. A simple reminder on the airlines via a recorded message would help. It is done in respect to infectious diseases when entering many asian  nations. 

Time for your medication.......!!!

Remember....Thursday today.....5 yellow pills

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Not a bad idea. A simple reminder on the airlines via a recorded message would help. It is done in respect to infectious diseases when entering many asian  nations. 

..and the handing out of a 332 page booklet.

Once you have arrived you then sit a test.If you fail to enumerate all of the Thai sensibilities-please hand over your wallet  and depart.

Saves a lot of mucking around.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

When was the last time you traveled?

oa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Still in the same little defensive line regarding how you believe and think the country should work. It doesn´t, and the more that realizies that, the more people will have a problem free life here.
If people do not want to respect Thai culture, there are two other options. Travel somewhere else, or stay home.

I stay "at home"  most of the time but then I do have plenty of room to entertain myself.

Ive no problem how the country works, thats their problem, but some clarity on which rules should and shouldnt be allowed would be good because it seems I cannot lie on Buddha but I can ride the wrong way up a road into oncoming traffic and I think I know which one is more dangerous, however Ill follow whatever they say but "which".

ps I know the country "doesnt work"

• Like 2

Is right the most of the tourists need to be informed about, that must be part of the work from every guide and travel rep, I was 15 years rep in Samui and is was usual to inform my guests about behavior in Thailand.

Hmmm He means the foreigner beach club owner with a nice budha statute overlooking the beach  thats very bad and cant be tolerated but than the thousands of thai shop owners selling budha images and paintings to tourists  that’s business as usual.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

This is why I don’t go inside temples or places where people are sensitive. Wondering if I’m doing something wrong or if I’m not dressed properly or wearing the correct colour, etc. Life’s too short for all of that. 

Showing your racist and xenophobic feelings through sanctimony isn’t a good idea when it comes to tourists. They bring money. Respect works both ways. 

Ah..very true.

Do they want the (deleted ) money or don't they?

Please avoid any future unpleasantness by transferring the money to Thailand and  going for a holiday to Fiji instead.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kannot said:

I stay "at home"  most of the time but then I do have plenty of room to entertain myself.

Ive no problem how the country works, thats their problem, but some clarity on which rules should and shouldnt be allowed would be good because it seems I cannot lie on Buddha but I can ride the wrong way up a road into oncoming traffic and I think I know which one is more dangerous, however Ill follow whatever they say but "which".

ps I know the country "doesnt work"

What you just wrote is a part of the education. You just have to see it out of their point of view. Understand or not understand is not of relevance. Understanding or not understanding is also optional, but it will be of importance for improvement of life here.

7 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Good point it is unusual that we see no pic of 27 of Thailands finest crammed into the frame with the evil doers sitting stone faced at the table.

Hmmn?

I would hazard a guess it was a Thai Police man who invented the wide angled lens.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adventra20 said:

Interesting how thais dictate tourists can’t come and do what they like, but thais can jump in a Vehicle and do exactly what they like, including killing themselves and other innocent people and nothing is done about it. Talk about double standards. 

Yellow Privilege

Don't worry, very shortly you'll have made Thailand such a miserable place that you won't have any tourists left, then you'll have to blame yourselves ....... But i think hell would freeze over first before that would happen........ But there's always the Burmese........ they're good to blame.......

I do as the thais do now. Im a racist! Are thais the most deluded uneducated shameless racists on the planet? 

Hub of racists. LOR (land of racists)

Im still yet to see an honest monk yet a poor little girl is hunted and fined more than a thai is for rape or murder.

Makes me furious but thats what they want. They cant compete physically, logically and so on. Just annoying pricks. I dont think it was always like this. I feel this attitude has been getting worse over the past decade.

Very sad. Little tight brown pants boy needs a reality check. Hes a dhead.

• Like 1