Mental Illness suggestions help!

DJ54

My wife is on medication for mental health issues for 1-1/2 years. When her ex boyfriend calls it intensifies the problems. 

We were able to get him to stop calling for awhile but he’s back at it again. Looking for suggestions on what can be done 

I want her to have a healthy mind. Comments that may help to understand the situation. She sees Dr. monthly under might 

be called social medicine that Thai receive. It’s a bandage. I’ve gone a few times gave her list of things to ask. It’s in and out 

medicine received. The questions were related to finding root cause so they could be addressed. I’ve suggested a private Dr. But turned down she thought it might be my friend and bad things happen. Can the police warn him to stop calling or a restraining order out on him? That would be a start because she had problems because of him to begin with. She’s uneducated when we met I asked have you finished school as in high school answered yes. She’s 25. Possibly lost in translation finished may have meant guit. As far as I know she finished 7 grade so maybe 13.  The parents,brother and sisters about same as far as. Education or less. She’s had history of drug abuse coupled with the education not a good recipe. I’ve committed to the situation and will try and ride it out. My youngest sister was a drug abuser but I solved that easily and she clean 35 years now. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please save any smart ass replies for later..... Im real good at that to but looking for help. Thanks

Well, mental health issues covers a huge range of ailments. Has she ever had a medical diagnosis as to what her illness is, such as bipolar? In order to provide treatment and a calming environment, you really need to start with the basic diagnosis.

PS - I'm not a doctor, just offering some common-sense advice. I have many years experience of living with a bipolar Thai wife.

Indeed, more information as to the nature of the mental illness is needed. And what medication she is on.

If the only thing the boyfriend does is call her on the phone, that is nto a matter for the police. Just change phone numbers.

If the exBF always calls from the same number, just block his number from her phone.

In my Android phone, when I open the phone app, there is a settings menu under the vertical "..." menu, and inside that there is a menu for "block numbers". Her phone may vary.

Archived