airlines bkk to singapore

Nepal4me

1 hour ago, kannot said:

Ive used Tiger who fly from Swampy which I find way better than going to D Muang

https://www.flyscoot.com/en/en-brandmerger

Scoot and Tiger brandmerger?

Seems it is all in one pot now.

And Scoot website (now) shows misc flights from Suvarnabhumi and less from Don Mueang.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Regarding the thread title.

Of course there are other airlines that serve the route like AirAsia, Singapore, Thai and more.

I can hardly believe it, but Singapore Airlines shows quite competitive prices (checked for May)?

Anytime I would spend some hundred Baht more to fly with Singapore (original brand).

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, Nepal4me said:

Are there cheaper tickets available?

If cheaper at all, check AirAsia.

But be aware of their pricing tactics.

Starting price growing and growing during the booking process.

Carefully uncheck here, uncheck there...

Zero onboard service of course.

Finally you will pay for payment.

I don't know how it is with Scoot.

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 1 month later...

Yes, Scoot is the same way (just booked with them for the first time the other day).  Make sure of everything you can uncheck.  At the end, look at the list of the charges and make sure you got it all (I first missed the part on the first page with the travel insurance and had to go back and uncheck it).

Their carryon allowance is 10kg though, instead of AirAsia's 7kg.  (Since I prefer to travel with only a carryon when at all possible, I like this.)

• Like 1

Cathay Pacific have one flight BKK Singapore a day. Business class is far cheaper than the other flag carriers, about 12,000 baht return (Nov 2017). The lounges are OK, with mainly HK style noodles for choice, but the champers tastes the same as the other more expensive lounges!

• Like 1

Cathay Pacific have one flight BKK Singapore a day. Business class is far cheaper than the other flag carriers, about 12,000 baht return (Nov 2017).

Was that a promo fare? Currently I see Cathay at about 17,500B and Singapore a few hundred Baht cheaper.

19 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Was that a promo fare? Currently I see Cathay at about 17,500B and Singapore a few hundred Baht cheaper.

Looks like you have missed the boat/plane. I certainly paid 12,xxx baht last year but now it looks like prices have been hiked up.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 9:51 AM, kannot said:

Ive used Tiger who fly from Swampy which I find way better than going to D Muang

Scoot SG flights fly out of Suvarnabhumi aiport, but back into Don Muang (least the two trips my company booked me did), which i thought was a bit odd.

On 6/7/2018 at 11:27 AM, Millian said:

Scoot SG flights fly out of Suvarnabhumi aiport, but back into Don Muang (least the two trips my company booked me did), which i thought was a bit odd.

Indeed odd.

I checked two arbitrary dates and it looks like there is one flight to/from DMK.

The other five to/from BKK.

Remarkable:

One flight from DMK at 17:00, another one from BKK at 17:35 (same day).

The DMK flight is a 787 Dreamliner, all others A320.

Looks like the Dreamliner is a SIN->DMK->NRT (Tokyo) connection (and vice versa).

Edited by KhunBENQ

I've flown Scoot to Singapore a few times and they are perfectly fine with decent planes.

Normally I'll go Thai as their prices are pretty good if booked in advance, plus they fly the A350 on that route which is pretty nice if the timings work for you..