Lizards in home

Jack james

Try having equana. Or water lizards in you garden a meter long. They eat cats dogs snakes chickens ducks. They taste like chicken . So I am told . Jinjuks or tocares. And nothing . The only thing with tocares are they keep you up all night.

I put in screens in the windows. With no direction, the contractor put them on the inside. Still had bugs and lizards. I ordered and installed screens on the outside next. Only bugs small enough to fit through the tiny holes now, and the seldom seen tiny baby lizard. Screens cost me 6,000 THB for 8each  1 meter x 1 meter and 2 each 2 meter by 1 meter windows. 

Had a couple of house flies in one of our living rooms.  They were faster than I was with a swatter, so I put a single sheet of fly paper on an inside window sill.  It didn't get the flies, but by the next day there were nine jingjokes stuck to it.  Unfortunately, you can't just peel them off and set them free.  They stick so firmly that trying to pull them off tears them apart.  We're tired of jingjoke shit but not enough to kill them.

11 hours ago, oilinki said:

Then again, you can have a bit fun with geckos.

- Draw a football field on the ceiling or on the wall

- Have 2 laser pointers. One for you, one for your friend

- Geckos follow the pointer light and you can make points by getting them into the goals

One bad pass with the light could make a gecko blind in one eye. Poor little thing.

To the OP; next time you go to BKK go to that park, Lupinni is it!! Lots of big lizards there. Just pop one into a sack and take it home. Sort out the little liz' prob' in no time.  

Edited by owl sees all

13 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

We have both Jintoks and Tokays and I love them.They are no trouble whatsoever.A bit of a cleanup of lizard poo on the bench which is easy to remove,and the Tokays look beautiful------------- enjoy them---they are all part of Thailand:clap2:

I had a Tokay in the bathroom of a hotel in Nong Khai and I swear, all night long he was saying..."F%^&You". I'm pretty sure he doesn't like farangs.

16 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

We have both Jintoks and Tokays and I love them.They are no trouble whatsoever.A bit of a cleanup of lizard poo on the bench which is easy to remove,and the Tokays look beautiful------------- enjoy them---they are all part of Thailand:clap2:

Tokay Lizards also eat the smaller lizards.........

Build  your  home correctly from the outset with doors  windows that fit correctly totally sealed, I never get even one in my house, its  virtually airtight. I dont open windows at all, I like aircon, its on 24-7. I also go round at night and whack them off the walls  outside so they dont cover the paintwork in their crap. My house is  only 50m2, was  planning to build something incredible but Thailand put a stop to that by "the way it is"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Right, plan B move.  :smile:

They are hiding in the fan unit (indoor above the window) blaady nuisance....I,ll try one of those rat catching sticky pads next......thanks anyhow :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

They are hiding in the fan unit (indoor above the window) blaady nuisance....I,ll try one of those rat catching sticky pads next......thanks anyhow :thumbsup:

Its  quite unpleasant to see anything stuck to one of those glue pads , they die a slow death from starvation 

4 hours ago, kannot said:

Build  your  home correctly from the outset with doors  windows that fit correctly totally sealed, I never get even one in my house, its  virtually airtight. I dont open windows at all, I like aircon, its on 24-7. I also go round at night and whack them off the walls  outside so they dont cover the paintwork in their crap. My house is  only 50m2, was  planning to build something incredible but Thailand put a stop to that by "the way it is"

Thanks for the tip , I am now going to knock my house down and rebuild it , to stop geckos getting in

• Like 1

wife hates them, she uses a fly swatter rather well actually and throws them out the window for the bigger guys outside. They may do a good job on the insects but  all the crap on window sills/walls etc is a pain

On 3/31/2018 at 2:54 PM, Rimmer said:

Cats love to catch and eat them :smile:

And they can get sick depending on what the  lizards have been eating. Geckos are hosts for  liver flukes. When the cat eats them it it becomes infected. It's bile ducts become  blocked and its bye bye felix.  :sad: