April 1, 20188 yr So many problems with Ford Fiesta! I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta, which I bought used (big mistake). My transmission problem is a bit different than described by others. When the engine is cold (first time to start in the morning) the car will not move when it is shifted into drive, if it is pointed up hill it will coast back no matter how much power it is given. Then the car slowly gains power after a couple of minutes, and will run fine for the rest of the day. At first I thought it was just low on transmission oil, I added oil but that did not fix the problem. However, if the car has a double clutch transmission, and no torque converter, adding transmission oil would have no impact. Took it to the Ford dealer, they road tested it and of course said that there were no problems, I keep trying to explain that it is only a problem when the car is cold. Has anyone else had this problem?
April 1, 20188 yr Take the car back to the Ford dealer just before they close and leave it tell them you will be back first thing in the morning (30 mins before they open so nobody can warm it up) to show them the problem.
April 1, 20188 yr http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/ford-fiesta-problems/ http://motorreview.com/ford-fiesta-automatic-transmission-fixes/ https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Fiesta/2014/transmission/intermittent_shudder_when_taking_off.shtml These links are not really any help to you but explain some of the problems on the early gearbox. We have a 2013 Fiesta which we bought new and have never had any trouble but Ford changed the gearbox warranty to 3 years, then 5 years and then finally 10 years. I have to say I think the box is brilliant but I have spoken to so many people who have/had problems so it would put me off buying 2nd hand as you don't know why someone got rid of the car. As per the 2nd link which describes it as a manual box that the computer shifts I would think one of the clutches is not engaging till warm. Edited April 1, 20188 yr by sandrabbit
Create an account or sign in to comment