LPG filling stations in Ubon Ratchathani

Hi,

I just bought a used 2008 Honda CR-V. The dealer didn't mention (and I didn't realize until we got home) that it has an LPG conversion kit in it. Looking around online, it seems like LPG is not so common in Thailand (and is incompatible with NGV which is sold at regular petrol stations). So, does anyone know which brand of petrol station I should be looking for, or is LPG refill sold only at specialized LPG-only stations?

I'm also wondering if there is some con to having LPG that I'm missing. The price of the car was quite cheap (430K baht for 2008 CR-V which appears to be in very good condition, much better and cheaper than any of the other CR-Vs we looked at). The dealer not only didn't mention the LPG, but went out of his way to tell us to fill up with Gasohol 91. Normally, LPG conversion kits make a car more expensive. So is there something here that I'm missing, or was the dealer just incompetent. (And for the record, the only minor problem with the car is that the odometer shows 130K kms, but the service logs that we found in the glove box show that it has been regularly serviced every 10K kms up until the last service at 210K kms, so someone has clearly done something dodgy to the odometer).

10 hours ago, jayceenik said:

One on each side of Ring Road 231 going East before HWY 2050 intersection

Thanks. That's on the opposite side of Ubon from us (we are on HWY 24 on south side), but thanks for info anyway. It turns out there is one quite close to us, and one on HWY 24 on the approach to Ring Road 231, so the situation is not quite as dire as a google search results suggest. Both are purely LPG stations, though, and not part of regular service stations. Curious that the big service stations do not stock LPG.

On 2.4.2018 at 8:43 AM, MrDetUdom said:

it has an LPG conversion kit in it. Looking around online, it seems like LPG is not so common in Thailand (and is incompatible with NGV which is sold at regular petrol stations).

Sorry, but exactly the opposite.

LPG is all over the country.

NGV (or as it would internationally be called: CNG) is rare compared to LPG.

And I also doubt that many stations combine selling petrol with NGV filling.

I see NGV stations strictly separated.

I can not swear that there are no such stations(?) but really not the norm.

And also for LPG, what I remember is seeing separate stations for that too.

Don't always expect to read "LPG" at the signs of small roadside stations.

Often you only see the Thai transcription for "gas".

On this image you see both in red:

lpg.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

27 minutes ago, MrDetUdom said:

so the situation is not quite as dire as a google search results suggest.

I count 13 stations within the "ring road" of Ubon city.

And don't believe that Google finds all in a country like this, especially when searching in English.

ubongas.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

OP Once you get your "eye in" you'll notice LPG stations everywhere. In Large town they are usually on the outskirts. In the countryside usually preceded by signs saying LPG X kms and then counting down. 

The light bar LPG gauges are not very good for predicting. I assume it is dual fuel so you can switch between LPG and gasoline. fill the tank with LPG, reset the trip meter  and run it down to empty. Note how many kms per tank and use that as an indication of when to refuel.

Then subtract about 50 kms and when it reaches the target use the 50kms to start looking. Simple really. 

Oh and get used to drinking lots of bottled water.:burp:

• Haha 1