What is the deal with buying property after forming a company, I have heard about a tax payable by the purchaser of up to 30% of the property value.

Can this be avoided by putting the property in the wife’s name if you trust her enough or is there another way?

There is property tax due at time of transfer to the purchaser to be paid at the land office when the deed is recorded.

Property values in such instances are notoriously undervalued. In residential estate situations where a house is built on the property, the developer has no problem understating the value of the land or what you paid for it to minimize the tax.

If you lease back the property or house, you will pay additional tax on the value of the rent to be paid so clearly, that wants to be stated at a miinimum.

If you question is: "Is the property tax rate higher for a company buying land and leasing back to an individual as opposed to an individual?" I just don't know that answer, perhaps someone who has done it that way will weigh in.

• 9 months later...
What is the deal with buying property after forming a company, I have heard about a tax payable by the purchaser of up to 30% of the property value.

Can this be avoided by putting the property in the wife’s name if you trust her enough or is there another way?

total taxes when buying a house are typicaly 2-3% of market value and costs are sometimes shared by buyer and seller

there is a "proprty tax" also known as "structures tax" that is 15% of annual profits posted by commercially used buildings".....it does not apply to residential property