Dealing with Kidney Stones

Grumpy Duck

34 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The article you quote pertains to an entirely different substance (derived from Stinging Nettle) administered intravenously to a rat. Nothing at all to do with lignans, flavonoids nor prostaglandins nor the herb under discussion.

An entirely different substance, but then I was correcting you not attempting to bolster the formally mentioned herb, and I was doing that by demonstrating that lignans and flavonoids reduce inflammatory prostoglandins.

We know that the herb in question contains lignans and flavonoids, what is in question is your random claim that neither are of benefit to a sufferer of kidney stones.

The research I posted did test on rats, we do that as they respond much as we do. They tested nettles as it is suspected that the lignan and flavonoids could have an effect on the renal system in countering the inflammatory effects on prostoglandins.  This effect is alleged by the publication to have been evidenced in their observed increase in diuresis proportional to the dose.  If it did not counter the inflammatory effect on prostoglandins what do you propose as the mechanism?  You may care to note their choice of furosemide as a control, the reason they chose that would be for its proven  anti-inflammatory effect of prostoglandins.

The modalities of removal are quite developed.... Shockwave therapy.. hurts a little.. but the roto router up the pecker still makes you scream when they remove the stint.

Always it seems to comes down to drink more water and watch the diet...

Rather that than roto router up the pecker....ouch.

3 hours ago, Rhys said:

The modalities of removal are quite developed.... Shockwave therapy.. hurts a little.. but the roto router up the pecker still makes you scream when they remove the stint.

Always it seems to comes down to drink more water and watch the diet...

Rather that than roto router up the pecker....ouch.

Having the stent in there for two weeks post-op was certainly the worst part of the lithotripsy (sp?) experience. The part that hurt the most was when they pumped the anesthetic into my hand for the op. It was cold as ice and hurt like the dickens going in. Removing the stent wasn't painful for me, just embarrassing because the doctor, a woman, was training an intern, also a woman, on how to do the removal. But all pales to the pain of having the stone and not being able to pass it for two weeks while they traded off having me in pain in order to avoid the expense of the operation. I was in the US but I was in an HMO so they were trying to save money on my case.

• 2 weeks later...

I did promise to return and inform ( anyone interested ) of how I went on .

Well, after returning home and taking the medication religiously I only had one day where I felt a little pain, the rest of the time I felt normal apart from a little bloatedness from drinking a LOT of water !!

Returned to hospital today for ultrasound and, lo and behold, the stone has disappeared, unbeknownst to me, so I got the all clear.

Sooo, unable to confirm what type of kidney stone I had but thankfully one of the type that dissolves easily !![emoji51]

Archived