True vision or ?

malt25

Hi all.  This may not be the correct forum, but I'll try here anyway.

For the past few years I have put up with True. Originally I was quite happy with the programs. Oh, True Platinum. Since they have ditched many of my favorite channels I'm getting somewhat disillusioned. I will be relocating shortly & need to have a new service provider. So, what options do I have ?

I liked the motor, rev head, shows. West Coast Customs & the like. The old V8 Super Cars. I think now just Super Cars. UFC on Sunday mornings.

Are there any other providers that might satisfy an old grump like ?

True Platinum is now over 2,000 baht a month. I can't justify this anymore.

Thanks all in advance.

I used to have True and like yourself got fed up with it. I changed to Sophon. It's only 300 a month with 200+ channels. A few movie channels and some good sport channels and Sky News. OK it's missing some i like but no big deal to save 1700 a month. Any special sports events i go to watch in a bar.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Smart TV and Android box from around 1,000 baht and the world's your lobster.

I believe you are correct but I am not technically savey so please help me understand what Tv channels I can get with an android box and what they charge.  I am looking for USA sports and would love to be able to record and watch at a time convenient for me. Thank you. 

It's just a service, not cable, but I recently subscribed to MotorTrend On Demand, which has tons of shows for petrolheads, including Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, Hot Rod Garage and a bunch of the more reality-tv type stuff... I subscribed personally because they're not distributing shows via YouTube anymore and it was $2.99/mo to start out.  They have an Android app, so if you get an android box you should be able to hook stuff up.  I also have netflix and prime video as well which has a good selection of stuff.

I'm awaiting my AIS Playbox, due to be installed tomorrow.  I subscribed to the package with HBO, so I'm looking forward to HBO Go as well.  Not hundreds of channels, but from the lineup it looks good.

gave up  on true 5 years ago,  NEVER looked back

AIS fiber 100 mb/40 mbs ..699 baht, (gave me a special deal)   some free news stations, ( CNN< Channel news asia, Euronews ,french,German news  in engish) on their play box. Had their full HD  package free for one month, ( usually 599)  but dont need it ( cant use 3rd party add ons)

android box, 1,700

100's  and 100's of free stations, tv series, movies, docs,  etc via kodi and addons

Was going to get HD prime ( 380 baht ) but can get it all for free.

Netflix. 330 baht per month. It will not get you somethings, like sports channels and news channels, but those can be found in other streaming services and the total should end up under 1,000 baht per month. My smart TV has Netflix app built-in. Very convenient.