Laminated Flooring

redbicycle

I used to get it in singapore for $1.80/msq , how much will we expect to get here ?

hello red bicycle

if you are still in chaingrai i seen plenty today in yim sawat, my wife says its about 450 baht metre but it depens on what ouality you want

I used to get it in singapore for $1.80/msq , how much will we expect to get here ?

hello red bicycle

if you are still in chaingrai i seen plenty today in yim sawat, my wife says its about 450 baht metre but it depens on what ouality you want

I see, 45o baht ... issit is a bit too high ?

450THB/sqm is an absolute bargain, and probably of grade 'c' quality. It will be 8mm Thickness rather than 12mm.

Grade 'A' 12 mm laminate runs at between 700-800THB/sqm. This price usually includes the installlation from the manufacturers though. For example, Leowood (crappy company, but decent quality material (though of dubious origins)) Leofloor Plus 12mm is 800thb/sqm, including install.

German standard makes the most expensive laminate on the market, called the Millenium is actually more expensive than solid wood.

Beware cheap laminates. You need to know about the construction of the laminate, how many layers of laquer etc etc. Your equipment also needs to be new as cutting laminated boards with old cutting equipment results in joint problems. Also, 90% of either solid or laminate floors in Thailand are installed with the grain going in the wrong direction. Make note of this. It completely changes the 'feel' of the room believe it or not.

450THB/sqm is an absolute bargain, and probably of grade 'c' quality. It will be 8mm Thickness rather than 12mm.

Grade 'A' 12 mm laminate runs at between 700-800THB/sqm. This price usually includes the installlation from the manufacturers though. For example, Leowood (crappy company, but decent quality material (though of dubious origins)) Leofloor Plus 12mm is 800thb/sqm, including install.

German standard makes the most expensive laminate on the market, called the Millenium is actually more expensive than solid wood.

Beware cheap laminates. You need to know about the construction of the laminate, how many layers of laquer etc etc. Your equipment also needs to be new as cutting laminated boards with old cutting equipment results in joint problems. Also, 90% of either solid or laminate floors in Thailand are installed with the grain going in the wrong direction. Make note of this. It completely changes the 'feel' of the room believe it or not.

I dun know but i got it from http://www.pergo.com.sg/ years ago $1.80 / sqm ( contractor price) without installation of course. I got to check with them how many mm i got last time ?

I dun know but i got it from http://www.pergo.com.sg/ years ago $1.80 / sqm ( contractor price) without installation of course. I got to check with them how many mm i got last time ?
Just being nosy/curious: did you install it as a "floating floor" like Pergo-approved installers are required to do? By "floating" I mean that it's only secured at the perimeters so it sounds like walking on a hollow floor.

I installed a small Pergo area in the entry foyer of my house in Las Vegas once, and the installer explained that he could not install it any other way. Apparently, Pergo is from an area of the world where people traditionally buy/rent houses/apartments with no flooring installed and buy something like Pergo and then remove it when they move out, hence the tenuous anchoring around the edges.

I bought a marble-looking finish but was not satisfied as it always sounded like walking across a cheap dance floor -- echos every step of the way...

Just being nosy/curious: did you install it as a "floating floor" like Pergo-approved installers are required to do? By "floating" I mean that it's only secured at the perimeters so it sounds like walking on a hollow floor.

I installed a small Pergo area in the entry foyer of my house in Las Vegas once, and the installer explained that he could not install it any other way. Apparently, Pergo is from an area of the world where people traditionally buy/rent houses/apartments with no flooring installed and buy something like Pergo and then remove it when they move out, hence the tenuous anchoring around the edges.

I bought a marble-looking finish but was not satisfied as it always sounded like walking across a cheap dance floor -- echos every step of the way...

Did they put a foam mat under it? You're supposed to have a few mm thick foam mat under it.

I am sure your memory must be fading.I've been buying the foil for laminate floor in china for a friend who has a factory of laminate floor in europe.Only for a quality foil,this means the printed layer which is 0,08 mm thick and the topwear pvc layer which is at least 0,30 mm thick you will pay 1 us$ per square meter.This mean in a quanity of 40 foot container.Then you still have to add the plank or pvc profile,the foam between the plank and the foil and the fabrication cost.So I can't understand how you can buy a finished product a 1,8 singapore dollar.I think at that price my friend stops manufacturing and buys all pergo floor available.

Did they put a foam mat under it? You're supposed to have a few mm thick foam mat under it.

It's been so long ago, I don't recall, but if that is "standard Pergo procedure" I'm sure they did.

It was only a small area, but I was disappointed at the hollow feel and sound from the floor. I had never actually "experienced" a Pergo floor before that. I expected it to be secured to the underlaying concrete the same as the linoleum that was installed in my den, and they said "no can do".

• 2 years later...