Kodi Shakeup

JHolmesJr

After my latest NAN scraper update failed I knew something was up.

After digging a bit, looks like noobs and nerds has shut shop after receiving a cease and desist...

Which surely means Elysium is gonna fizzle and die....bbc player is already dead. I would suggest

uninstalling nan repo as you never know who might start using it next....and you don't want

your machine connecting to the site and downloading malware. 

Im also facing problems with 1Channel...it just isn't scraping the new films and shows for 3 days now.

None of my favourites have updated even though new episodes are out.

Even Gaia is not updating due to some python dependency not being met.

What a sh&t show man!

Silver lining: found 2 excellent new add ons....that are returning great 1080p sources

There are still some good working addons around... many have changed repo addresses though.

Agree with your suggestion to uninstall the NAN repo... it is not the same anymore.

Have you checked out Incursion or Skynet yet?

7 hours ago, Stocky said:

Placenta and Supremacy are my current favourites since the demise of the Pyramid.

Ive seen placenta on the repo...is it 'one click play'?

How about supremacy? which repo?

Damn...I miss The Pyramid.

7 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Have you checked out Incursion or Skynet yet?

Got Incursion...impressive fork....skynet, where?

And if anyone knows whats up with Channel1 please do tell....I am gutted its not showing new content?

I cant even tell which repo is hosting the real one...used to be kelevra but now it is on many...which is the real

deal...in case they push out a update to fix the problems?

8 hours ago, Stocky said:

Placenta and Supremacy are my current favourites since the demise of the Pyramid.

Pyramid is now The Dogs <deleted>. In the Blamo repo.

I learnt long ago not to get too attached to a particular addon given the ebb and flow of addons over the past few years.

1 hour ago, tlcwaterfall said:

I learnt long ago not to get too attached to a particular addon

Indeed, a change is often as good as a rest.
All this palaver keeps you on your toes!

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Ive seen placenta on the repo...is it 'one click play'?

Sadly not, it's a Covenant fork, so list of sources.

1 hour ago, tlcwaterfall said:

Pyramid is now The Dogs <deleted>

OK, I hadn't realised that will check it out. But it's not on Mr Blamo.

40 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Indeed, a change is often as good as a rest.
All this palaver keeps you on your toes!

Sadly not, it's a Covenant fork, so list of sources.

OK, I hadn't realised that will check it out. But it's not on Mr Blamo.

You are correct. it is in the Zero tolerance repo.

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

And if anyone knows whats up with Channel1 please do tell....I am gutted its not showing new content?

I cant even tell which repo is hosting the real one...used to be kelevra but now it is on many...which is the real

deal...in case they push out a update to fix the problems?

Stay clear of 1 channel, in whatever repo, it died more than 8 months ago.

Stay also clear of anything with the name Mr Blamo on it or any dev attached to the Aftermath team.

And last but not least, don't touch anything with the name tvaddons with a 10 meter barge pole.

If you see a repo that has TVA listed in the addon repository menu, RUN.

15 minutes ago, elfpattaya said:

Look at catchup4kodi repo (Little Wiz). BBC iPlayer is working there with their own proxy.

https://kod1help.com/kod1/4. KODI REPOS/LITTLE WIZ REPO (includes BBC iPLAYER and ITV)/

Good tip. Shame that the catchup doesn't work from the categories menu, but you can get the episodes anyway by going through the pages of the most popular.

28 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Good tip. Shame that the catchup doesn't work from the categories menu, but you can get the episodes anyway by going through the pages of the most popular.

Just notice that the littlewiz repo is related to Tvaddons, so expect some malware on your system .

wow some great info...thanks....dont know how to get rid of TVA I see the name in some of my repos lists....just worried i'll delete it and some of my staple add ons will stop working.

i deleted the fusion and indigo sources long ago.

i really love GIT browser tho....makes it so easy to get any repo without a browser

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

wow some great info...thanks....dont know how to get rid of TVA I see the name in some of my repos lists....just worried i'll delete it and some of my staple add ons will stop working.

i deleted the fusion and indigo sources long ago.

i really love GIT browser tho....makes it so easy to get any repo without a browser

Git browser is from TVA.

All addons you find in tva repo are forks, which mean they died long time ago, no need to have them on your system.

You can go to each addon information and select update, and it will show you from which repos on your system it is available.

If it shows only tva as repo source remove the addon, if it shows different sources you can safely remove the tva repo, then update the addon from one of the other sources.

TVA has 2 court cases going, and they are doing everything to get a lenient ruling. They have grassed on many addon developers that were part of their team in the past, and for sure will have no regret grassing on third party addon users as well.

It takes only little malicious code inside one of their addons to send all your usage info to a database.

I have just seen where Little Wiz is related to Tvaddons. However I have downloaded direct from the link I supplied, without using Fusion, Indigo or the Git Browser.

So far I have not seen any malware on my system, I check regularly.

Also the Categories tab did work until the latest update a few days ago.

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Git browser is from TVA.

All addons you find in tva repo are forks, which mean they died long time ago, no need to have them on your system.

You can go to each addon information and select update, and it will show you from which repos on your system it is available.

If it shows only tva as repo source remove the addon, if it shows different sources you can safely remove the tva repo, then update the addon from one of the other sources.

TVA has 2 court cases going, and they are doing everything to get a lenient ruling. They have grassed on many addon developers that were part of their team in the past, and for sure will have no regret grassing on third party addon users as well.

It takes only little malicious code inside one of their addons to send all your usage info to a database.

I can also see a repo called xbmchub3.0 is that a tea thing too and can i trash it?

Cant install the following add ons on SPMC (latest version, Jarvis based)

1. Dogs Baubles

2. Supremacy

Can't even see them in the zero tolerance/maverick/supremacy repos.

On Kodi 17.6 they all installed and work flawlessly....are they incompatible with SPMC?

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Cant install the following add ons on SPMC (latest version, Jarvis based)

1. Dogs Baubles

2. Supremacy

Can't even see them in the zero tolerance/maverick/supremacy repos.

On Kodi 17.6 they all installed and work flawlessly....are they incompatible with SPMC?

If you don't see them in the repos you either have outdated versions or they are not Jarvis compatible.

Jarvis is Kodi 16, why don't you install version 17**?

if you want UK tv on windows platform use Epic browser which has a built in vpn with a UK server. I watch Iplayer and TVplayer using this browser. Apparently it's also the safest browser at the moment.

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

It's actually in the Maverick TV repo.

Pyramid lives again, thanks.

Correct again. However and not wishing to nitpick I have just installed it from the Zero Tolerance repo. As per kodi apps site.

It is of course now called The Dogs <deleted>.

So it is in two repos at this time.

It is working well.

Further to this the updated version of 1.05 is in the Mavrepo. Zero tolerance version is 1.0

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

If you don't see them in the repos you either have outdated versions or they are not Jarvis compatible.

Jarvis is Kodi 16, why don't you install version 17**?

Got the latest repos, I checked.

I have both SPMC 16.7 and Kodi 17.6 installed on my Shield...both as backups to each other.

SPMC is optimised for the Shield by a chap called Koying....so it was my go to player...his latest version is 16.7

which is based on Jarvis architecture and now he has stopped and found another job. so spec won't be developed.

Is anyone running spec with the Dog's B and Supremacy

So Im just gonna have to use Kodi 17.6....hope the new kodi leia doesn't mess things up for us....i remember you saying

it would though i forgot the reason.

37 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

Further to this the updated version of 1.05 is in the Mavrepo. Zero tolerance version is 1.0

You have an outdated version of ZT repo, as it is 1.05 on there also.

Latest version of the repo is 5.2

For those who still aren't convinced that TVA is to be avoided like a contagious disease, this just in.

This however is an urgent warning about a crypto miner type hack discovered earlier today. This is being pushed via TV Addons and their "pairing tool". Quite why you need anything more than a browser bookmark is beyond me - but still...

The full write up is on the blog - http://www.best-kodi-guides.eu/kodi-news/tv-addons-crypto-mining-hack/

If you have this installed we suggest you remove it and scan your device. The coin-hive system itself is NOT a virus - but, it is dishonest to use users devices without their permission. Its unlikely anything has been installed to your device permanently (this is a Javascript based legitimate tool) - but we dont know if anything else was added or used prior to the crypto links in the pairing tool.

Apologies once again for the extra email - but we feel its urgent enough to post as soon as discovered.

On 4/5/2018 at 11:23 PM, janclaes47 said:

Shame that the catchup doesn't work from the categories menu, but you can get the episodes anyway by going through the pages of the most popular.

Been using Little Wiz since NAN shut in early Feb. It seems to be hit and miss. Most popular doesn't always work, A-Z likewise. I get some of Most Popular and Channels selection to work mostly. Little Wiz has done updates albeit slowly so it may all come back again later. A couple a weeks ago nothing worked without a VPN.

Archived