Tourists told not to leave markings in Phang-nga caves

webfact

Tourists told not to leave markings in Phang-nga caves

By Thai PBS

cave1.jpg

The governor of Phang-nga province has asked for cooperation from tourists not to leave any markings on rocks in the caves especially where ancient cave paintings could still be visible.

Governor Sittichai Sakda led a group of students and local authorities to clean up marks and writings on rocks at Tham Nak cave in Ao Phang-nga marine national park on Friday (April 5).

Tham Nak cave is well-known for its ancient cave paintings and ancient burial aged 3,000,-5,000 years.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tourists-told-not-leave-markings-phang-nga-caves/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-06

What is wrong with people ? Why would you do that ? No sense of history, education or respect for anything but your own selfish needs ? Have some respect when you are overseas in another country. Get your feet off tables and chairs, try for one day to stop looking at your silly mobile phones, read a book, have some manners and try to be a good person, rather than a scum bag. What is pathetic is that this is likely to have been done by adults not children, as children tend not to travel alone and doubtful would go in a cave without their parents. Its ancient history and some person has to clean it off.

Believe in nothing but yourself, sounds a bit selfish ,  don"t you think?

Is that not why some people do not use common sence, because they are

only thinking of themselves when they block ambulances with their vehicles, etc..

See,  just what I thought too.

Geezer

8 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Believe in nothing but yourself, sounds a bit selfish ,  don"t you think?

Is that not why some people do not use common sence, because they are

only thinking of themselves when they block ambulances with their vehicles, etc..

See,  just what I thought too.

Geezer

I thought so too, but it was part of a quote that I couldn't alter, though I do believe in the rest of the quote.

One bit I thought was missing was "Take ALL your trash home with you".

Archived