Divorce Lawyer Northeast Property Village wedding

DJ54

Anyone know of divorce lawyer in Northeast Udon Thani area. We had a village wedding. House,Car,Motos,Farm land and cows. 

All paid by me. Suggestions? I have a lot of evidence of her ongoings while we’ve been together. 

You said a Village wedding

Does this mean that you never went to the Ampher (Government ) to sign papers

If so the Lawyer can't help as you may own nothing

IE: Being only your GF it looks like you bought her a lot of presents

SorryDJ54, but you dont need a divorce because you have never been married.

In case you dont realise mate, a village wedding is simply an excuse for a party and for some sinsod to change hands. The only way to get wed is sign the government papers at the amphur.

If you were married and then divorced then you would get 50% of any assets aquired during the marriage but in your case I dont fancy your chances much, sorry.

HL

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

House,Car,Motos,Farm land and cows.

If you didn't get an official marriage certificate from the government you were never officially married. Which means what's yours is yours and what's hers is hers.

If you are thinking that's not fair because you paid for everything, that's how it is. As another poster said, all the things you bought were gifts. This is the downside of a village wedding.

If you do manage to retrieve anything it will be at the great expense of lawyers. The reading on the “Net Gain” meter will be flickering around zero. 

Also during the legal process the land, cows etc will have been “sold” and the money spent. 

Sorry for the negativity

The best solution by far is to avoid Lawyers' fees, Police and other established entities and go to your Mother-in-Law to act as intermediary.

She obviously likes and respects you and will undoubtedly come up with a solution to satisfy both parties.

During the family gathering there will be other family members - both immediate and extended - present. Don't be phased as these people will add to the successful outcome for both of you.

This is, of course, Isaan; we Farang are accepted as family.

All the best

25 minutes ago, DreamRider said:

go to your Mother-in-Law to act as intermediary.

She obviously likes and respects you and will undoubtedly come up with a solution to satisfy both parties

I missed that bit, & in most cases they know what's going on 

Heard it & know of it

Archived