Bluetooth Headphones don't connect to Android box - alternative connect method?

MJKT2014

I've got a Beelink GT1 Ult Android box for the TV and now I have some BT headphones (Senheisser) but they aren't found by the Android box. I'm sure its the Android box is the problem as it cannot find my BT mouse either and the headphones work fine on a PC or smart phone.

So question, do I need another Android box or is there a cheaper alternative such as a Bluetooth convertor out of the audio out port on the TV itself? Will that work? What is recommended by anyone experienced in this please?

Normally you would just buy a simple bluetooth transmitter and connect it via RCA or 3.5mm socket. They cost USD10 or less on ebay or Aliexpress.

But from a quick google on your device it seems that the only option for audio out, other than HDMI, is SPDIF optical. You can easily buy bluetooth transmitters with an SPDIF input but they cost a little bit more.

Link: ebay

Hi Thanks.

Yes you are correct only SPDIF output with HDMI, I didn't even know what SPDIF was for! I was thinking to use the 3.5mm socket connection on the TV itself rather than the box as that works with wired headphones, but if I went for a SPDIF BT adapter out of Android box that would make the box more portable and I wouldn't need to keep unplugging from TV to go back to TV speakers.

Before I try that extra purchase I think I will ask the Android vendor to give me link to original O/S it came with to flash back to. When I bought the Android box it came with Android 6 and Bluetooth worked OK. Now since vendor upgraded to Android 7 it does not. If no luck I will then try your SPDIF idea, thanks.

Edited by MJKT2014

• 2 weeks later...

Seems you are not the only one with this problem.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Beelink+GT1+bluetooth+not+working&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

If you have to wait for Beelink you probably gonna die of old age first, I have experience with them.

If you know how to flash firmware i would suggest you flash a custom rom from Freaktab.