How do I delete my account on this site?

Bonobojt

you can inform   the forum controllers  i think there reply will be just do not log in again

to delete  your account  will affect the member numbers  they put out to  advertisers   so they  generally advise  dont log in  

Edited by Lamkyong

21 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

to delete  your account  will affect the member numbers  the put out to ad advertisers   so they  generally advise  dont log in  

That is not the reason. A members name is linked to hundreds or even thousands of posts done and will cause a problem with the system if they are delted.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not the reason. A members name is linked to hundreds or even thousands of posts done and will cause a problem with the system if they are delted.

Just imagine if someone wants all his post deleted.. al replies on it are all of a sudden no longer needed deleted too.. then whole topics would no longer be valid. I can understand this quite well. 

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Apologies but I dont understand

How is it possible for other forums to be able to delete accounts. 

11 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Apologies but I dont understand

How is it possible for other forums to be able to delete accounts. 

Perhaps those other forums are not running on the same forum software.

23 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Perhaps those other forums are not running on the same forum software.

Sure

However I would have thought having an inactive member would constitute a security risk. If there was a data breach and the inactive members details compromised , there would be nothing preventing an impostor from posting. However if the account had been deleted then it would not be possible.

It should be noted closing an account does not equate to removing what has been posted.

If it is a problem to delete accounts how does the forum deal with multiple profiles

Edited by rockingrobin
  • Like 1

We can permanently lock accounts and do on occasion (like if multiple accounts are detected). We would rather not just for a member who wishes to leave as they are tagged as "Banned" which doesn't look good for them.

For the reasons stated above we don't delete accounts (and their posts).

By far the best solution is simply unsubscribe from any email alerts and not to log in again.

Two posts against forum rules have been deleted.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

On 10/04/2018 at 2:26 AM, markaoffy said:

User account could easily be deleted. Previous postings remain in threads but that user account would no longer be valid for new postings ! Simple software many forums use !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I am trying to picture what this would look like. For example, my account would be "deleted', as you call it, but my posts would still show, with my user name and my avatar next to it, and quotes of my posts in other members' posts would also still show, with the indication of my user name. In other words, there would be no visual difference between a "deleted" account and and a non-deleted account, would there?

2 hours ago, Puccini said:

I am trying to picture what this would look like. For example, my account would be "deleted', as you call it, but my posts would still show, with my user name and my avatar next to it, and quotes of my posts in other members' posts would also still show, with the indication of my user name. In other words, there would be no visual difference between a "deleted" account and and a non-deleted account, would there?

Of course there would. You would no longer be on the list of current members and your profile could not be consulted. You would also not be listed as a user and thus add to the statistics of active members that the site uses to attract advertisers.

Despite protestations to the contrary, which are transparently untrue, this is the real reason why anyone who signs up for the site is not able to unsubscribe. It is perfectly possible to unsubscribe from other forums and I have done so. The inability to do so from this forum is a choice made by the forum managers, and is not forced on them by software or anything else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1