Family Friendly Restaurants With Tennis On Tv?

steve__C

I want to watch the australian open and dont have cable :-(

The late matches kick off at around 3.30pm thai time. Does anybody know a nice place that is showing it. I will have 2 < 5 years kids with me so smoky bars are a no no.

south west of city would be best as we live on canal road.

ta,

steve

Nowhere will have tennis IMO. You'd need to go to a place and specifically ask them to put it on.

Two problems though:

Most places with cable are bars. Thus not an option.

Secondly, tennis goes forever...some matches last 4 hours!...and other patrons may not want it on.

Put it this way, if there's a football game on at the same time...you've got no chance :o

Best bet would be to see if it's being 'streamed' online somewhere and download the software / run it on your home PC (if you've got a fast cable connection)

I've seen tennis on in many bars, but if you want a family orientated atmosphere to relax in, then try the upstairs bar at the Downunder on Niemanhaeman. Covered but open on the sides, so no smoky air. Seen a few kids and families in there, and they are sure to have the tennis on being Australian owned!

It's covered on Star Sports live, on Saturday, and from 11.00 on sunday till eight in the evening....

I've seen tennis on in many bars, but if you want a family orientated atmosphere to relax in, then try the upstairs bar at the Downunder on Niemanhaeman. Covered but open on the sides, so no smoky air. Seen a few kids and families in there, and they are sure to have the tennis on being Australian owned!

It's covered on Star Sports live, on Saturday, and from 11.00 on sunday till eight in the evening....

I'll avoid the Downunder then.

Can you imagine two five year olds sitting quiet for 3-4 hours watching tennis.

Might not take that amount of time though the way Federer is playing.

I could happily watch Sharapova for an eternity though :o

I want to watch the australian open and dont have cable :-(

The late matches kick off at around 3.30pm thai time. Does anybody know a nice place that is showing it. I will have 2 < 5 years kids with me so smoky bars are a no no.

south west of city would be best as we live on canal road.

ta,

steve

you could try silom joy down by chiang mai land , really big covered restaurant type place with a massive projector screen tv . they also have a play area for the kids and the staff are very helpfull they keep there eye on the children for you so you can watch tennis or football or whatever and get drunk and eat . cheap as well :o