Visa Extention....

Hi guys, i'm new here and not native English, so please forgive me for the faults i wrote....

OK, 2 questions, if anybody can help me with this, thanks in advance !

1)When somebody with a Non Immigr O, that he has already for many years being married to a Thai girl (so BEFORE 1/10/06), has to renew his 1-year Visa, is it enough that he goes to a Thai consulate and show the proofs like he did before ?

Meaning the original certificate of marriage and copy of ID of his Thai wife without showing a financial proof ? If NO, what more does he have to show or to prove ?

2) I still don't understand when somebody can renew his 1 year visa, or when he has to apply for a new one... :D

If somebody with a Non Immigr B has to renew his Visa (or apply for a new one), can he also do this in a Thai consulate by showing a proof/letter of a company that's willing to emply him in Thailand ?

--> Is it still possible to do this in 1 of the neighbouring countries, or better go to Singapore, Indonesia, Australie (Darwin, Perth...) instead of going back all the way to (West) Europe ?

I would apreciate to get some answers to this.... THANKS ! :o

Robin

I just renewed my Non-Im "O" - Thai wife 5.5 years...all same as before...i.e. you must have 400k baht in the bank (and be prepared to leave it in your account until you actually receive your visa - they'll expect to see your bank book printed out with the balance there) or prove that your wife earns 40k+ per month. Good luck.

OK Robin.

Firstly Singapore and probably other 'local' embassies / consulates are now asking for financial data (400,000 in a bank) when you apply for a multi entry non-o :o Doesn't have to be a Thai account though :D

If you already have a non-o visa you can apply to extend your stay for 1 year based on marriage to a Thai, there are a whole bunch of requirements (have a look in the visas forum) but the main one is that you must demonstrate a family income of at least 40,000 Baht per month. this can by your local or offshore income or your wife's income or a combination.

To extend a non-b it's a different set of data required, again look in the visas forum.

Either extension can be started during the last 30 days of your 90 day stay.

EDIT BTW, the option of showing 400,000 in a Thai bank is no longer accepted for a NEW extension based on marriage

Edited by Crossy

There is no marriage visa.

There is a non immigrant O visa that can be issued in single of multi entry forum. The multi entry is valid for one year. It then ends. It can not be renewed but a new visa could be issued. This is done at a Consulate. This visa can be issued on the basis of visiting family. A marriage certificate and copy of spouse ID card is normally required. Most Consulates in the Asia region do not issue the multi entry any more but Singapore will if proof of financial ability in the amount of 400k baht in a bank account is provided. Kuala Lumpur may still issue multi entry without this requirement but have not seen any reports this week. Outside of the area they may still be available in home country.

There is a one year extension of stay for marriage and that can be renewed. That is done at immigration inside Thailand. That now requires 40k family income. For those already using this system they have the income or 400k bank account options.