Prayut ‘can’t think of any PM candidates’ other than himself

webfact

Is anyone surprised? If social media has taught us anything about human nature, it's that many people are complete towering narcissists. 

My Thai boss is really no different to this man. She thinks the world revolves around her. She will come in to work from time to time to point and scold her Thai staff. She makes crazy demands on how she wants things done without being clear on what she means. I don't think she really understands what she means. She wonders why she can't just pay peanuts and not get staff that don't know what they're doing. She's surrounded herself with an entourage of yes people. 

I look at this kind of behaviour and think, "I'm so glad my parents loved me and showed me this by paying attention to me". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Is anyone surprised? If social media has taught us anything about human nature, it's that many people are complete towering narcissists. 

My Thai boss is really no different to this man. She thinks the world revolves around her. She will come in to work from time to time to point and scold her Thai staff. She makes crazy demands on how she wants things done without being clear on what she means. I don't think she really understands what she means. She wonders why she can't just pay peanuts and not get staff that don't know what they're doing. She's surrounded herself with an entourage of yes people. 

I look at this kind of behaviour and think, "I'm so glad my parents loved me and showed me this by paying attention to me". 

An excellent post!That is just about it..

In actual fact,the present day head honcho is the norm-dead smack in the middle of the Bell Curve for Thailand.

I know it is..hmmm..interesting..but there it is.

My life improved immeasurably when I diagnosed my wife (and her family) as totally psychotic and took action accordingly....

Edited by Odysseus123

Maybe Prayut should do some IP checks of all the anti - PM brigade foreigners here , and give them a stern reply at their next extention at the immigration office. ( as in NO extention).

Prayut brought peace and quiet to the country , and kept the economy in good shape , despite the world wide economical crisis.

Thailand has very little debt with very little taxes . Many could learn from this.

Poor people staying poor ? Like that would change with "democratic" money grabbers.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:
nar·cis·sism
ˈnärsəˌsizəm/
extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.

Bloody hell. You've just described Donald Trump.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Well worth watching for those interested in an intelligent & well-informed view from Australia.

Sorry to say that anything from Dr Panitan is not worth listening. I formed a negative opinion of him when he was spokesman of the Dem Party defending the PAD. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Sorry to say that anything from Dr Panitan is not worth listening. I formed a negative opinion of him when he was spokesman of the Dem Party defending the PAD. 

You might want to skip the first few minutes and go on to the presentation itself...

Just now, Eric Loh said:

The launch is of a new book by an Australian academic and former public servant in the Department of Defence strategic & international policy area in Canberra. Most of the video is of Greg Raymond speaking.

But one would need an attention span greater than 10 seconds.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Meanwhile back in the real world.

I wonder what actually goes on in his mind, he believes he is the answer to Thailands problems.

He must have browsed the "handbook for successful apologists":

"I am the Lord your God you shall not have strange gods before me."

Edited by Lupatria
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

The launch is of a new book by an Australian academic and former public servant in the Department of Defence strategic & international policy area in Canberra. Most of the video is of Greg Raymond speaking.

But one would need an attention span greater than 10 seconds.

I did say anything from Dr Panitan. You need to pay attention. 

Which proves the point of the Thai 'Me first, me first, attitude'. He's been as much use as a hot chocolate teapot so far.  With Charlie Chaplin at the helm, the three stooges, and the Keystone Kops, can things get any worse? Amazing Thailand!!!

2 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Maybe Prayut should do some IP checks of all the anti - PM brigade foreigners here , and give them a stern reply at their next extention at the immigration office. ( as in NO extention).

Prayut brought peace and quiet to the country , and kept the economy in good shape , despite the world wide economical crisis.

Thailand has very little debt with very little taxes . Many could learn from this.

Poor people staying poor ? Like that would change with "democratic" money grabbers.

"Maybe Prayut should do some IP checks of all the anti - PM brigade foreigners here , and give them a stern reply at their next extention at the immigration office. ( as in NO extention)."

Which is precisely why I rarely comment on Thai politics, even on this forum.

I'm suprised and disappointed though that you recommend this course of action against those commenting - on a completely irrelevant expat forum :sad:.

Up until now, I'd considered you a reasonable/good poster :sad:.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Maybe Prayut should do some IP checks of all the anti - PM brigade foreigners here , and give them a stern reply at their next extention at the immigration office. ( as in NO extention)."

Which is precisely why I rarely comment on Thai politics, even on this forum.

I'm suprised and disappointed though that you recommend this course of action against those commenting - on a completely irrelevant expat forum :sad:.

Up until now, I'd considered you a reasonable/good poster :sad:.

I really wouldn't worry. They clearly don't care providing it is in English and on a website few to no Thais read.

We are beneath suspicion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

My oh my. It wasn't too long ago that this forum  sang the praises of the man.

How fickle are the farangs.......

Indeed. And how some of those same farangs take his every word literally, without understanding any nuances and assuming the translations are always spot on.

• Haha 1