Prem praises Prayut’s ‘Thainess’

snoop1130

What amazes me about the nation's avuncular leader and model of Thainess is the huge number of  traditional Thai shirts he has in his wardrobe. He seems to wear a different one every day of the year. They must cost a bomb - and I reckon he has more than his notorious sidekick has watches.

Of course, he could just be borrowing them. . . 

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Eligius said:

Yes, a great role model: snarling, grouchy, peevish, lashing out at people who dare to utter even one simple question, using foul language, never using his (non-existent) brain, threatening to execute people, torturing people's ears and minds with drivel called 'songs' - yes, an excellent role model!

Well said 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

What amazes me about the nation's avuncular leader and model of Thainess is the huge number of  traditional Thai shirts he has in his wardrobe. He seems to wear a different one every day of the year. They must cost a bomb - and I reckon he has more than his notorious sidekick has watches.

Of course, he could just be borrowing them. . . 

Listen carefully..He has breathtaking wealth..Prawit is a sidekick..The golden triangle produced 

• Like 1

Well well, what a surprise.. Given his history could you expect his warped trough giving mind to say or think anything different. If you want to learn anything about the stagnation and maintenance of the status quo of corruption in Thailand feel free to learn more about this guy. As far as being an exponent of political stress in Thailand since the 60s his life story would make a unique read. His appearance on the scene starts to solidify the real reason the Thaksins were targeted. Also a leading exponent/catalyst in the southern troubles BTW.

Edited by jonstarjon
Clarity
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

So no mention for preserving "Democracy?"

And remember that we have precisely a 'Democracy Monument' in Bangkok - so supposedly that is part of the great Thai traditions that Prayut has so solidly defended!

• Haha 1

Pol Pot is a reminder of the menace of rulers who amass total power over a state. When I interviewed him he was a dictator who exuded more than a hint of megalomania,” she said this week. “He was also charming and confident that he would rule Cambodia for decades to come.” sound familiar ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
'Uncle' Prem is probably the most powerful man in Thailand....and has been so for many years....

He was the PM under military rule for more than 8 years....(1980-1988)
He was by many seen as the architect behind the 2006 coup...
He is at present time Regent pro tempore    (acting king)...since the coronation of Rama X has not taken place...

So don't let his frail appearance fool you.....He is calling the shots around here.

No, he's not the regent anymore.
As president of the Privy Council, he served as Regent of Thailand from the death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej on 13 October 2016, until the 1 December 2016 proclamation of Vajiralongkorn as King.

From wikipedia.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/11/2018 at 6:38 PM, rkidlad said:

The rich and elite really don't wanna give the average Thai a single crumb, do they. Desperate to give nothing so they can keep it all. 

True enough. Prem, true to his position , has only had one single objective for the past several decades. And it isn't to set up another military government, that was only ever a means to an end.

There will come a reckoning, but left to Thais, indolence and laziness will ensure that the bad behaviour of their role models will have to be punished by a different mechanism. Thais will only ever look forward far enough to see the next bottle of whiskey.

7 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

No, he's not the regent anymore.

From wikipedia.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Correct. It is a very unusual and very interesting situation: the monarch today is indeed officially the monarch - but as yet no Coronation has been held. When it will be held is as yet unknown ....

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KiwiKiwi said:

True enough. Prem, true to his position , has only had one single objective for the past several decades. And it isn't to set up another military government, that was only ever a means to an end.

There will come a reckoning, but left to Thais, indolence and laziness will ensure that the bad behaviour of their role models will have to be punished by a different mechanism. Thais will only ever look forward far enough to see the next bottle of whiskey.

It is Prem orchestrating all of this. He is the puppeteer. Seems like you need to take a better look again.  

30 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

It is Prem orchestrating all of this. He is the puppeteer. Seems like you need to take a better look again.  

Not at all, I know perfectly well who is what. Not always sensible to say so in a forum like this though, which will always pander to its perceived benefactors and their world-view.

For the sake of clarity, Prem would not dare to do what he has done without a nod from Gepetto, Prem is just a house-boy - a functionary for other interests, whom he has served well and who has been rewarded appropriately, in one way or another, his needs have been few and simple enough. Thailand has never been able to afford Prem but has been bedazzled by Gepetto and so has accommodated the carryings-on of Pinocchio in order that Gepetto's benefactors can be assuaged and kept in the fashion to which they have become accustomed - at the direct expense of those who do not.

But I suspect the bedazzlement has waned considerably, and that waning has a few months yet to run. Prayuth's objective was never to become premier, that was merely the means to his real end, which is now less than a year away, and is going to be a tight-run thing. This is the real reason the election date was never going to be in 2018, it was always going to be mid 2019, after which it is required to have an agent running things of behalf of an absentee landlord.

Try as I might, I just cannot see this soapie ending well. Pinocchio will likely die unlamented this year and then the landlord's agent will realise how very alone he has become, as the people who have blindly followed him begin to understand what he has been up to all this while.

Meanwhile, Gepetto's family tree is about to lose another branch and that's a whole other story. Open up your eyelids, let your demons run.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Not at all, I know perfectly well who is what. Not always sensible to say so in a forum like this though, which will always pander to its perceived benefactors and their world-view.

For the sake of clarity, Prem would not dare to do what he has done without a nod from Gepetto, Prem is just a house-boy - a functionary for other interests, whom he has served well and who has been rewarded appropriately, in one way or another, his needs have been few and simple enough. Thailand has never been able to afford Prem but has been bedazzled by Gepetto and so has accommodated the carryings-on of Pinocchio in order that Gepetto's benefactors can be assuaged and kept in the fashion to which they have become accustomed - at the direct expense of those who do not.

But I suspect the bedazzlement has waned considerably, and that waning has a few months yet to run. Prayuth's objective was never to become premier, that was merely the means to his real end, which is now less than a year away, and is going to be a tight-run thing. This is the real reason the election date was never going to be in 2018, it was always going to be mid 2019, after which it is required to have an agent running things of behalf of an absentee landlord.

Try as I might, I just cannot see this soapie ending well. Pinocchio will likely die unlamented this year and then the landlord's agent will realise how very alone he has become, as the people who have blindly followed him begin to understand what he has been up to all this while.

Meanwhile, Gepetto's family tree is about to lose another branch and that's a whole other story. Open up your eyelids, let your demons run.

Brilliant, insightful post, Kiwikiwi.

Yes, it is not just one man - Prem - who is running the Thai show: it is an interlinked, symbiotic combination of mega-power holders, comprising very, very rich families (ultra-super-rich), the military, and something else ...

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 1

Brilliant analysis, Kiwikiwi. Some will understand straight away and others will wonder what the hell you're talking about but that's what happens when language and ideas are forced into codes and circumlocution as they are in Thailand. Your post makes it very clear that the truth can only be told at the moment through fairy tales and comedy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1