Comey says in book Trump denied allegations of lewd behaviour - Washington Post

webfact

Comey says in book Trump denied allegations of lewd behaviour - Washington Post

2018-04-13T013516Z_1_LYNXMPEE3C02Q_RTROPTP_3_USA-TRUMP-RUSSIA.JPG

Former FBI Director James Comey testifies before a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on Russia's alleged interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., June 8, 2017. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernstx

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump denied allegations of lewd behaviour made in an intelligence dossier and asked whether the FBI would consider proving it was a lie, former FBI Director James Comey wrote in an upcoming memoir, according to the Washington Post.

Comey, fired by Trump in May 2017, wrote in "A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies and Leadership" that Trump raised the dossier with him at least four times during meetings, the Post said. The dossier was compiled by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele about Trump's ties to Russia, and included an allegation that involved prostitutes.

The White House did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Reuters. Comey's publicist also did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Federal Bureau of Investigation declined to comment.

The newspaper said it obtained a copy of the 304-page book, scheduled to be released on Tuesday, and that Comey detailed in it his private interactions with Trump.

Comey's firing led to the appointment of Special Counsel Robert Mueller to investigate allegations that Russia meddled in the 2016 presidential election and possible collusion between Russians and the Trump campaign.

Russia has denied interfering in the election. Trump has said there was no collusion.

(Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by Kevin Drawbaugh and Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-04-13

Meanwhile, there's another WP article from Thursday re the fact that Trump's longtime lawyer Cohen had a habit of tape recording his conversations with clients and others, and of keeping those recordings, and sometimes playing them back for others. And that Trump's advisors are now worried that those kinds of recordings might have been among those seized in the FBI search of his office this past week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-allies-worry-that-federal-investigators-may-have-seized-recordings-made-by-his-attorney/2018/04/12/16d6345a-3e89-11e8-912d-16c9e9b37800_story.html

What is it with crooks and tape recordings? Perhaps a new version of Watergate and the Nixon White House tapes for the Trump era, courtesy of the president's longtime personal attorney and payoffs coordinator.

It is unknown whether Cohen taped conversations between himself and Trump. But two people familiar with Cohen’s practices said he recorded both business and political conversations. One associate said Trump knew of Cohen’s practice because the attorney would often play him recordings Cohen had made of his conversations with other top Trump advisers.

• Thanks 1

An ex-FBI Director 'kissing and telling' in a book?  what has the FBI come to?  disgraceful and I don't trust Comey one iota.  It's ALL politics and , no, I don't like Trump who is a disaster. 
Clinton, Bannon, Comey,... Who's next? Pelosi, Stormy? [emoji23]

Comey made a huge mistake. It only proofs his desperation. They lost their moral compass.

And now.... guess what will come up... [emoji38]

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What is it with crooks and tape recordings?

Why would it have anything to do with crooks.

I would only expect a lawyer records phone conversations with his clients, because otherwise how he would remember exactly what was asked or requested.

Ever heard about a Dictaphone and the purpose of it?

Edited by janclaes47
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Why would it have anything to do with crooks.

I would only expect a lawyer records phone conversations with his clients, because otherwise how he would reme

Ever heard mber exactly what was asked or requested.

Ever heard about a Dictaphone and the purpose of it?

Recording conversations is fine when legal. Consent is required depending on locality. When recording without consent when illegal is obviously illegal. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Maybe try to look up the definition of lawyer, before making assumptions, just because you thoroughly hate anything related to the best President the US has ever had.

the greatest President in the history of mankind?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The document claimed that Trump had watched the prostitutes urinate on themselves in the same Moscow suite that President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama had stayed in “as a way of soiling the bed,” Comey writes.

Trump pay for prostitutes, Probably not, Probably paid for by the host, if the story came from whores mouth may not be all true but there again there's no smoke without fire, even if only half true pretty damming for someone as important as him.

Not forgetting that Putin has called many time to remind him that if he has forgotten the escapade he can let him have a copy of the video... my be that's why Donald has changed his mind on firing his rockets at Syria :cheesy:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I just red this article. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/13/james-comey-book-hillary-clinton-email-investigation

Comey actually only confirmed what Trump think and said about the FBI and Comey. With this book Comey didn't a favor to the FBI. Hard to imagine how such a guy became head if FBI.

I didn't know it's that bad.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I always wondered, what it would take to get a reference to "golden showers" to appear in a mainstream national U.S. newspaper like the Washington Post. And now we have the answer to that trivia question -- President Donald Trump! :cheesy:

Not only that. It's trending.

It not just that it may have actually happened which is funny, very embarrassing to "trump" and "shocking" to some. It's that there are credible reasons to believe that Putin has Kompramat on "trump" whether it's about the prozzie piss party or something else, perhaps less funny in a sexual way but legally WORSE!

He lies so often, basically multiple times daily, and big ones, that no sensible person should believe ANYTHING that comes out of his mouth.

That is extremely abnormal and deeply damaging to the American democracy and the credibility of the nation globally as well.

Don't bother saying all politicians lie. Of course they do. But the MASSIVE level of "trump"'s lying is unprecedented in American presidential history. 

Real or ‘fake news’? Either way, allegations of lewd tape pose challenge for Trump

Claims that details of an alleged Moscow hotel encounter are false are undercut by the president’s yawning credibility problem.

The tawdriest detail in former FBI director James B. Comey’s new memoir offers the perfect mix of sex, spies and kink — call it “Fifty Shades of le Carré” for the Trump era.

http://www.paywallnews.com/news/Real-or-‘fake-news’--Either-way--allegations-of-lewd-tape-pose-challenge-for-Trump.BJm3Lm60iG.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, alocacoc said:

I just red this article. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/13/james-comey-book-hillary-clinton-email-investigation

Comey actually only confirmed what Trump think and said about the FBI and Comey. With this book Comey didn't a favor to the FBI. Hard to imagine how such a guy became head if FBI.

I didn't know it's that bad.

More to the point one has to think how that big idiot became POTUS

I love Hearing the many left-wingers wail and Nash their teeth because they are no longer in power. Get over it folks, you lost the election because you had a poor candidate to oppose Trump. America is tired of your visions of the world. And crying towels are cheap and will aid you and  in your grief.

• Sad 1

I love Hearing the many left-wingers wail and Nash their teeth because they are no longer in power. Get over it folks, you lost the election because you had a poor candidate to oppose Trump. America is tired of your visions of the world. And crying towels are cheap and will aid you and  in your grief.
Most Americans oppose "trump." He has only a 40 percent approval rating. Most Americans didn't even vote for him in the first place.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2018 at 7:11 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

By the way, anyone interested in this subject should definitely read the original, and much longer, Washington Post report that the Reuters report above summarizes.

The WP article has a more apt and reflective headline for the content of the article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/james-comeys-memoir-trump-fixates-on-proving-lewd-dossier-allegations-false/2018/04/12/64493866-3ce2-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html

The "lewd dossier allegations" subject relates to the much reported Steele dossier on Trump and his alleged Russian hooker escapades that allegedly included "golden showering" by the ladies. The thrust of the WP report, based on Comey's memoir, is that the hookers subject was something that Trump brought up repeatedly with Comey, seemingly, almost every time they spoke.

But beyond that, there's a ton of gems on the Trump presidency here:

Well, I think everyone pretty much already knows the answer to that question.  And then...

And then lastly, in keeping with TV's general fair use policy of three paragraphs of quoted material, a final reference:

Thank you much for posting the  Washington Post article.

Reading it  ASAP.