Recommend A Nice Simple Restaurant...

Wizzard of Oz

Can you let me know of a nice restaurant.

Prefer not to bother with something expensive for 300+ baht each like Riverside.

Just a place with nice food that you like to eat at regularly at a decent price.

Location and directions would be nice too if you wouldn't mind =)

Kind of board of mukotah btw, so maybe you can leave those places out...

Cheers

Can you let me know of a nice restaurant.

Prefer not to bother with something expensive for 300+ baht each like Riverside.

Just a place with nice food that you like to eat at regularly at a decent price.

Location and directions would be nice too if you wouldn't mind =)

Kind of board of mukotah btw, so maybe you can leave those places out...

Cheers

The wifey's kitchen isn't too bad - taste is good, and it's at supermarket prices to boot.

Sorry, must be in that kinda mood tonight :o

Unfortunatley the only cheap places we eat at are 20 Baht roadside Thai jobbies - when we go out to town we normally want to spend a few hundred (or more) of those things that are appreciating like crazy. Will watch this thread with interest though, sorry I couldn't actually contribute.

OK, here's a partially constructive reply..

Sizzlers (Kad Suan Kaew and Airport Plaza). IMHO a great meal, and if you buy the 123 Baht member's card, you can get two of the 299 Baht platters for the price of one - 2 cuts of meat + soup/salad/dessert bar (no beef steaks though), but still more than you can eat unless you're *really* hungry.

OK, it's only 1 Baht cheaper than your 300 Baht limit, but it's a pretty good deal IMHO.

Edit: That's 299 Baht for two people of course - so 149.50 each.

Edit #2: The member's card has 12 months validity and gives you the 2-for-1 deal a maximum of 18 times, + a free meal on your birthday (so long as someone else celebrates with you, heh).

On that note, The Pizza Company (everywhere) also have a members card (99 Baht) that gives you two for the price of one on all pizza's, though pick-up only. If you go large (thin or pan) you'll also get a free garlic bread or 6pcs of chicken wings - so that and two pizzas for 380 Baht. Not the world's best pizza for sure, but still 100% better than Pizza Hut.

Edit: The Pizza Co member's card normally only has 6 months or so validity.

Sorry, not doing too well on the budgeting, but I'm trying :o

Edited by BlissfullyIgnorant

For Lanna style you can't beat Huen Phen on Ratchamanka. Always busy and as cheap as chips.

No chips on the menu though :o

miltonbentley, incidently i did try out the indian restaurant that you mentioned in another thread. Hanlay near the Flora condo. must say that the price is very reasonable for what they serve. did a take away for two of their curry selections and was really good. thanks for pointing it out to me.

Also the outdoors Japanese restaurant with blonde wooden tables on Huay Kaew Rd. on the steps in front of a place that sells whiteware and electronics. The food is good and you can feed two people for under 300 baht.

Tsunami on Huay Kaew Rd. is also good for Japanese, the price level is similar.

Another one that is actually very good value for money is Daret's house near Thapae. I am not too fond of the atmosphere but I was positively surprised about the quality of the food when I last ate there.

For Lanna style you can't beat Huen Phen on Ratchamanka. Always busy and as cheap as chips.

No chips on the menu though :o

miltonbentley, incidently i did try out the indian restaurant that you mentioned in another thread. Hanlay near the Flora condo. must say that the price is very reasonable for what they serve. did a take away for two of their curry selections and was really good. thanks for pointing it out to me.

A pleasure TB thanks for the feedback