cost of 1 month holiday to Thailand?

Clive

34 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

That will not be a very enjoyable holiday.

i did say it cover the basics,

i would not go on a holiday with that budget either,

otoh i can make it on less as i live here, not nice, but i can

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

What do you mean by basics?

basic food, accommodation like guest houses (as he stated), and taxi,

he is clearly on a budget so suggesting he should go to expensive resturants & hotels isnt helpful in the slightest, or god forbid, spend evenings paying lady drinks. nor is suggesting he should have 200k for the holiday, he is on budget and want a budget trip with his kids.

Thank you for all your replies.
Wow, has Thailand increased in costs that much over the years.
I can get flights for 3 people for £400 each, accommodation for about £25 per night, so about £750ish for the month so that leaves £2000 for food and excursions.
My kids are half Thai so can eat Thai food, actually they prefer it.
Looking at going to Chaing mai, the beaches and finishing up in bkk for a few days
Do these calculations sound about right?  

Edited by Clive

I'm really confused as I just want a budget holiday with my 2 children. We lived in Thailand years ago so don't need expensive hotels etc as we can do pretty much Thai style
I can't believe that a 1 month stay would cost that much. I would prefer to slum it a little than not to have a holiday at all.
Thank you

1 minute ago, Clive said:

I'm really confused as I just want a budget holiday with my 2 children. We lived in Thailand years ago so don't need expensive hotels etc as we can do pretty much Thai style
I can't believe that a 1 month stay would cost that much. I would prefer to slum it a little than not to have a holiday at all.
Thank you
Cheap B&B's can be less than £20/$30 a night per room the rest is up to you but would the children be happy with no pool.

You can take the trains and buses for inland travel (BKK/PTY/CNX), and stay in one hotel room. Don't go out much and enjoy your time at the beach, you'll most likely come in under budget.

Just make sure you have travel / medical insurance and access to emergency funds just in case.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 6:35 PM, lovelomsak said:

I think the 10,000 american would be about  right.

Why would he travel with so many Americans? :blink:

OP, you can spend anything between 100,000 and 999,000 baht +, depending on your standard of living. 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2018 at 1:53 PM, Clive said:

Thank you for all your replies.
Wow, has Thailand increased in costs that much over the years.
I can get flights for 3 people for £400 each, accommodation for about £25 per night, so about £750ish for the month so that leaves £2000 for food and excursions.
My kids are half Thai so can eat Thai food, actually they prefer it.
Looking at going to Chaing mai, the beaches and finishing up in bkk for a few days
Do these calculations sound about right?  

£2000 is about 90,000 baht for a month or 3,000 baht a day.

With kids used to Thai food, and if your use local restaurants with a dish price from some 80 baht to around 120 baht, you should be able to manage with 500 baht a day per person for food and a few soft drinks. That leaves you with 500 baht a day per person for transport, excursions, fees etc.

It doable, but might be little too tight budget. However some street kitchens may serve an excellent dish for around 40 to 60 baht with free drinking water, which can be used to extend the excursion/entrance fee budget – you kids may understand – and some outings might be low coast, like a day on the beach.

However, if me, I would rather cut a week of the trip-length and do three weeks instead of four – or even two weeks only – and have another 1,300 to 1,500 baht per day, or more, in the food and excursions budget; i.e. 3 good weeks, or just 2, are worth a lot more in memory bank, than four not that good weeks...:smile:

PS: Don't forget to include travel insurance in your ticket-budget...:wink:

I'm not sure how to find these places ahead of time.  Some of these small homestays ( small separate buildings). That many Thai stay at can be as little as 500/ night.  I run across them in my travels some.  But usually not on Agoda.  They are usually quite livable.  Maybe you can save some that way a few nights each week. 

So this trip clive does it involve meeting any of the family maybe?

Need to account for that if it does mucka 

perday budget food menu

Ham and cheese toasties 711 -

25 baht per person.

Total cost 75 baht.

Coffee 15 baht x 3 - 45baht

Water x 3 @ 10 baht - 30 baht

Mid morning snack

Set lek moo - x 35baht a head - 105 baht

Water x 3 @ 10 baht

Lunch

Kapow moo gorb 50 baht

Koh pad whatever 50 baht

Ka moo 50 baht

Chicken wings 50 baht

Water x 3 30 baht.

Dinner

Spicy salad 50

Penang rice 80

Chicken rice 80

Koh pad whatever 50

Fruit 40

Water 30

The above could be got for 850baht ish per day and feed the 3 of you. With a 4 meal day.

Plus you can go to big c and grab snacks, markets etc.

You have 4 days a week like that and the other 3 can be pretty carefree in some respects.

These jokers are talking a load of cobblers where food is concerned. They probably eat KFC 3 times a day.

KFC is a good deal though.

159 baht a head gets you the 

Zinger burger with cheese

2 spicy zab wings 

1 piece of original fried chicken

1 soft drink

1 fries

It's a decent deal that and well tasty.

Then you got sizzlers 

139 baht and you can hit the salad bar as much as you like amd were talking about a primo salad bar here mate not this pizza Hut crap. About 60 baht for a never ending soft drink refill.

Bether yet KFC have got these on the go snacks.

Chips and 1 piece of chicken for 59 baht.

Could be a good little game of gping out each day seeing who spends wisest etc.

Flights Weem good for jan at 400. Cheapest I see them is 652 usd from London city via .Ch to thailand with a very reasonable 15 hour total flight time.

Hotels, 1000 baht a night is a joke price if wishing to really do it on a budget. Not sure how it pans out sharing rooms bit if it's 1 room for you and 1 for teens to share. 1000 baht works ok bit if you all shared it could be done on half that. Very common in thailand for room sharing like that. Families etc.  

Edited by Rc2702