British lawmakers, celebrities call for 'people's vote' on Brexit

webfact

8 hours ago, juice777 said:

Don't think you will find many Remainers who will say it's ”bloody marvellous” not me anyway. 

I would even prefer to have some of the things the Brextiers want but most of us realised we probably ant going to get those things the leave campaign was just winging it or there was no plan in place they are gambling with our future and the odds are stacked against us and life outside of the EU will be even worst

,Especially for future generations I hope I am wrong I really do.If I am wrong my life and my country improves, if you lot are wrong and you probably will be you have to explain to future generations maybe your kids or grandchildren why you did it.

And let's face it a good percentage of you not all of you but a lot of you.Only voted to leave to get rid of those pesky foreigners who by the way they probably ant going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The pesky foreigners we want rid of don't actually live in the UK.

They hang around in Brussels. Strasbourg and Luxembourg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grouse..can you inform myself and other Forum Brexiteers why the likes of blair..soros..reps from golgman sachs.rothchilds.can have closed door meetings with jobsworths like junker.tusk etc.??
What countries do the likes of the afore-mentioned people /globalist financial concerns represent???

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Grouse..is it possible that you or another remoaner could have a go at answering my little question?[emoji5]

15 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Thank God for that!   Yet another reference to those who voted for Brexit as "morons" would once again confirm what an arrogant "University Graduate" you really are.   It may surprise you to learn that not all graduates are particularly intelligent people, even though, as one yourself, you clearly believe they are.

Some of the dimmest, most naive and totally lacking in common sense people I've met in my life have been those who went to universities.

While the rest of us have been living and working in the real world and gaining the necessary experience to do so these 'uni' merchants have been whiling away their formative years reading, studying, smoking dope and having left wing politics and Marxist dogma rammed down their throats often by teachers and lecturers who are equally as naive as those they have been charged with educating.

These so called educators are perpetuating a circle that continues for generations. What's worrying is that many of these clowns get degrees that help them get into law and politics and into a position from where they can try to force their cracked pot ideas on to the rest of us. And get vastly overpaid and cosseted while they're doing it.

It's of little surprise that when a refreshing and charismatic character like Nigel Farage appears on the scene people listen to what he has to say. He never went to university and worked in the real world at a real job before he got into politics.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Grouse said:

"IMHO" graduates of proper universities ( Russell Group if that means anything) are indeed well educated. I concede that there are various types of intelligence, but in a knowledge based economy you do need well educated people.

BTW, I did not say that Brexiters  are morons. BUT, a clear majority of morons voted for Brexit. You can hear and see them on Any Questions or Question time or whatever they have on the other side.

You're quite wrong there. A clear majority of morons voted to remain in the EU.

Explain what's moronic about wanting to decide how your own country should be run and who should be allowed to come and live in it. Also explain to us morons what's so great about a bunch of Europeans that none of us ever voted for trying to run our country, imposing unwanted laws upon us and who should be allowed to come and live among us.

If it was so great we should be clamouring for it, instead of worrying about what economic measures these dictators are going to try and scare us with in order to get us to basically remain in their EU.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Grouse..is it possible that you or another remoaner could have a go at answering my little question?emoji5.png

Sorry I missed this earlier.

I suspect the answer to your questions shares an explanation with the reasons why Nissan/Renault were offered private meetings with PM Theresa May and given assurances by PM Theresa May regarding her government's actions on Brexit that the electorate where denied information on. 

Private businesses and the representatives of businesses have always met with politicians, civil servants and administrators.

As PM Theresa May demonstrated over her meetings with Nissan/Renault, the subject and outcome of these meetings may be kept a secret. 

In short Teddy old chap. 

There is nothing unusual about the meetings, they are common place and the background to the discussions/outcome is almost certainly unknowable. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot

Moronic comes from the Greek word for foolish; It's neuter but don't let that bother you ?

I favour clubbing together and sharing some but not all sovereignty for mutual benefits.

Free movement of labour has been great for my family and me (Germany and Denmark easy. It was much more difficult going to work in the USA). However, the U.K. failed to use controls available to us. The inrush from Romania and Bulgaria were due to us removing all controls instantly.

In my opinion, it is foolish (moronic) to throw away so many benefits in the hope of gaining some as yet unquantified, unspecified, intangible future benefit.

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Still waiting for any remoaner to answer my question..or is it the case that they cannot give a credible answer

Is this your question, MT?

16 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Grouse..can you inform myself and other Forum Brexiteers why the likes of blair..soros..reps from golgman sachs.rothchilds.can have closed door meetings with jobsworths like junker.tusk etc.??
What countries do the likes of the afore-mentioned people /globalist financial concerns represent???

If so, then I haven't a clue - but I would suggest that your scepticism of the motives of these people should be directed to the brexit backers with just as much energy. Do you genuinely think that Dacre, the Weirdo Barclay Brothers, Aaron Banks, Rees Mogg etc are the good guys? Do you really think that they want what is best for you, that they have your best interests at heart?

• Like 1

If so, then I haven't a clue - but I would suggest that your scepticism of the motives of these people should be directed to the brexit backers with just as much energy. Do you genuinely think that Dacre, the Weirdo Barclay Brothers, Aaron Banks, Rees Mogg etc are the good guys? Do you really think that they want what is best for you, that they have your best interests at heart?

I honestly believe that the British people are well out of a fraudulent corrupt eu that is ran by jobsworths who are in the back pocket of the likes of soros etc.
Rees Mogg..Banks etc I do not know too much about..but as they back Brexit..that'll do me nicely.[emoji6]

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Grouse..is it possible that you or another remoaner could have a go at answering my little question?emoji5.png

Sorry, I was pondering, not pandering, pondering.

It seems to me that in this twenty first century, information is power. Just look at the lengths stock traders go to in order to get information quicker than a competitor!

So to get access to people of power must be advantageous in order to gain information. Nothing beats a face to face one on one meeting.

This why people of power meet at Jamborees such as Davos and Bilderberg! Recommended; get an invite!

Why the reference to Jewish bankers? I think information is important for all?

Now, access may be an issue but I expect it is perceived as a two way street. 

OK?

Edited by Grouse

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

I honestly believe that the British people are well out of a fraudulent corrupt eu that is ran by jobsworths who are in the back pocket of the likes of soros etc.
Rees Mogg..Banks etc I do not know too much about..but as they back Brexit..that'll do me nicely.emoji6.png

Well, the leading Brexiteers are part of a shadowy network of people who stole facebook data and misused it to sway the opinions of malleable, disaffected people to end up with a result that has clear financial benefits for them. Fraudulent, corrupt, self serving - those adjectives are perfect for describing the people to whom we have unwittingly handed control of our country. 

• Like 1

It's odd isn't it, how the EU that we are told is 'in the back pocket' of bankers, hedge fund managers, big business, neo-liberal globalists etc is the same EU that enforces laws and regulations severely restricting the excesses of bankers, hedge fund managers, big business, neo-liberal globalists etc.

It's also very odd that the leaders of the Brexit campaign are promising a post Brexit bonanza brought about by the removal of EU laws and regulations that severely restrict the excesses of bankers, hedge fund managers, big business neo-liberal globalists etc.

Teddy old chap, you've been had.
We will.wait and see about that shall we!!

40 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Let's have some examples of laws that have been thrust upon us by the EU which you would like to see removed from the statute book.

Lets have some examples of our laws that do not have the approval of the EU.

6 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Lets have some examples of our laws that do not have the approval of the EU.

The UK's mass collection of digital communications. (The 'Snoopers  Charter')

The British police retention of DNA samples from people who have not been charged with a crime.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The UK's mass collection of digital communications. (The 'Snoopers  Charter')

The British police retention of DNA samples from people who have not been charged with a crime.

Both of them can be of potential benefit to the EU.

They did not object when Easter European undercutting scabs came to the UK and started taking English working men's jobs. My job was one of the first to go in 2003.

We've had to adopt the metric weights and measures systems.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Let's have some examples of laws that have been thrust upon us by the EU which you would like to see removed from the statute book.

We had to change out tried and tested light bulbs.

We had to limit the power of our vacuum cleaners,

We had to let foreign fishing fleets into our waters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Both of them can be of potential benefit to the EU.

They did not object when Easter European undercutting scabs came to the UK and started taking English working men's jobs. My job was one of the first to go in 2003.

We've had to adopt the metric weights and measures systems.

You asked for examples, I gave you a couple.

Now you are off on another subject..... oh and 'Metric weights and measures', it's such a horrible thing to have happened to you, I feel your pain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes we shall Teddy old chap, we'll wait and see what Brexit turns out to be and who it is who loses out. 

And then I'll be back to remind you of your many posts on the matter. 
Me..my last ever postal vote ever was my Brexit vote.
Immigration was the main reason for me.
I want the UK to accept educated immigrants who have NO criminal record..who have a guaranteed job awaiting them.
Who will be a credit to and enhance the UK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

We had to change out tried and tested light bulbs.

We had to limit the power of our vacuum cleaners,

We had to let foreign fishing fleets into our waters.

Oh gosh I can't bear this pain any longer.

(Did you notice the Tories let the fishing communities down in the latest round of Brexit negotiations? Wise up, you are not getting what you were promised - you've been had).

• Like 1

Just now, malagateddy said:

Me..my last ever postal vote ever was my Brexit vote.
Immigration was the main reason for me.
I want the UK to accept educated immigrants who have NO criminal record..who have a guaranteed job awaiting them.
Who will be a credit to and enhance the UK

And you've been rewarded with a 20% increase in your living costs (as a foreigner in someone else's country) brought to you by the drop in the pound as the Brexit result came in.

What education have you brought to Thailand, what job did you have waiting for you, how are you a credit to and enhancing Thailand?

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You asked for examples, I gave you a couple.

Now you are off on another subject..... oh and 'Metric weights and measures', it's such a horrible thing to have happened to you, I feel your pain.

The vast majority were happy with feet and inches and pounds and ounces etc. We did not want the change. It imposed upon us.

And it's the same subject.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, yogi100 said:

The vast majority were happy with feet and inches and pounds and ounces etc. We did not want the change. It imposed upon us.

But then metrication has made doing business, engineering, selling products etc so much easier. 

So swings and roundabouts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh gosh I can't bear this pain any longer.

(Did you notice the Tories let the fishing communities down in the latest round of Brexit negotiations? Wise up, you are not getting what you were promised - you've been had).

I don't vote Tory. I voted for UKIP.

• Like 1