Drivers License Review Demanded At Once

ttl

The last few days have clearly indicated the lack of knowledge and ability of drivers in this country (amongst other contributing factors that could fill another page.)

As an example. I should like to hear comment on a progressive licence from LEARNER to FULL as a way to build the skill base of our drivers for all classifications

The New Zealand Transport Agency has a very comprehensive website from which the requirements are set down, together helpful advice and resources to assist all applicants.Should you wish to visit the website you will find a wealth of situations that could well be adopted )or amended to suit Thailand)

My main objective is to get the discussion on the concept with the hope that the :Local Authority will be obliged to stop, read and listen to comment

I am quite happy to provide data on the next step to Full Licence, which will indicate the way forward to several more options for Heavy Transport,Passenger Vehicles,Taxis etc  the list may surprise you:  "Your wishes are my command"  Thank you

Image (2).jpg

Image (3).jpg

Image (4).jpg

Image (5).jpg

Image (6).jpg

Haven't been here long have you? You not Thai; no understand. 

They'll get around to it...eventually. Things have changed a lot in the last 15 years mostly for the better. But you, as a foreigner, coming in and trying to dictate how they run things will go over as well as trying to tell a petulant teen something. 

7 minutes ago, dave_boo said:

Haven't been here long have you? You not Thai; no understand. 

They'll get around to it...eventually. Things have changed a lot in the last 15 years mostly for the better. But you, as a foreigner, coming in and trying to dictate how they run things will go over as well as trying to tell a petulant teen something. 

'Demand'! What hubris!

In a galaxy far, far away named Thailand they had a different attitude about driving.   Rules, enforcement, having insurance, etc.,--no fun.  Much more fun to just ignore rules....drive anyway you desire....enjoy...say you sorry and give wai when caught driving dangerously....see you soon in the hospital intensive care unit (or morgue).  

Even the slightest improvements like mandatory driving lessons on the road with an instructor and a practical driving test on the road with an officer would explode the effort/cost by magnitudes.

Currently the whole thing is done for xxx Baht (I don't have the exact number at hand, 505?).

505 Baht, (~ 13 Euro, 16 US Dollar, 22 NZ Dollar).

A driving license in Germany incl. driving lessons would cost more like a 1000+ Euro (don't nail me on exact numbers).

Now think what would happen and how long it would take to migrate.

6 hours ago, ttl said:

My main objective is to get the discussion on the concept with the hope that the :Local Authority will be obliged to stop, read and listen to comment

Your big mistake is assuming that anyone in the relevant Thai governmental ministry reads, or would ever take any notice of, anything published on the minority-interest Thaivisa forum particularly bearing in mind the daily irrational, venomous, anti-Thai bilge that spews out of so many Thaivisa members!

My main objective is to get the discussion on the concept with the hope that the :Local Authority will be obliged to stop, read and listen to comment

I am quite happy to provide data on the next step to Full Licence, which will indicate the way forward to several more options for Heavy Transport,Passenger Vehicles,Taxis etc  the list may surprise you:  "Your wishes are my command"  Thank you

5) You will not use Thaivisa as a platform to gather support to effect changes on religious, political, or governmental issues.

:mfr_closed1:

Archived