Marriage visa renewal.

I recently visited Nan immigration to renew my visa, I’m married to a Thai woman. When I was there they advised me that I need to update the bankbook of the account holding my required 400,000 baht at least once a month for the 4 months preceding my renewal application. I hadn’t, so I had to get a letter from the bank with a statement regarding my account.

I don’t know if this rule was in place previously at other locations. I just thought I’d give everyone a heads up just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

I have a hunch your updated passbook had periods of transactions missing, which is quite common if you update infrequently using the external passbook machines, which can only update on the same page.

The second letter was presumably to confirm your balance didn't fall below 400,000 baht for the missing periods.

A little pedantic of your office as the first letter should have sufficed in that regard.

• Like 1

I will be extending my visa this Thursday and not clear with this 400k rule.

I had 400k deposited since Feb 26 and maintaining the balance since then.

Do I need to go to bank for official statement or I can just show my updated passbook?

If I do need official statement, can it be statement from any branch or branch that I created my account with?

Also, I assume the statement must be dated on April 26 as that day is exactly 2 months after 400k came in, can I actually use statement few days earlier?

I dont want to waste my time going to get statements and waste time going to immigration at same time.

18 minutes ago, shady86 said:

I will be extending my visa this Thursday and not clear with this 400k rule.

I had 400k deposited since Feb 26 and maintaining the balance since then.

Do I need to go to bank for official statement or I can just show my updated passbook?

If I do need official statement, can it be statement from any branch or branch that I created my account with?

Also, I assume the statement must be dated on April 26 as that day is exactly 2 months after 400k came in, can I actually use statement few days earlier?

I dont want to waste my time going to get statements and waste time going to immigration at same time.

You will need a letter from the bank confirming you account and the balance in it on the date it is written.

There is no requirement for the letter to be done at the bank where the account was opened. But some banks may say it has to be done where you opened the account.

You will need your updated bank book and copies of it showing the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need a letter from the bank confirming you account and the balance in it on the date it is written.

There is no requirement for the letter to be done at the bank where the account was opened. But some banks may say it has to be done where you opened the account.

You will need your updated bank book and copies of it showing the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

Do you mean I need a statement or I need a letter from bank confirming the balance  on the date requested.

I have never asked for this letter before (I dont understand why its needed since book bank tells all).

There is a branch (Bangkok Bank) on immigration government complex, I'm thinking to get the statement/letter on that day itself.

2 minutes ago, shady86 said:

Do you mean I need a statement or I need a letter from bank confirming the balance  on the date requested.

I have never asked for this letter before (I dont understand why its needed since book bank tells all).

You need a letter from the bank to confirm your account. It is written requirement for the application.

5. Only for Criteria (5) and (6), the applicant must attach a funds deposit certificate issued by a
bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook,

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

5 minutes ago, shady86 said:

There is a branch (Bangkok Bank) on immigration government complex, I'm thinking to get the statement/letter on that day itself.

Bangkok immigration wants the letter and bank book updated on the day you apply so that is good idea.