......and now for something completely different.

AllanB

Looking for some ideas on my favourite site for the spring/summer. 

1. In Portugal we have a 4000m2 garden and need to cultivate it grow some stuff, but my I am old and frail, so need to cheat.

2. This summer I am getting a free Enfield Bullet 500 kit to assemble and will take it back in a small trailer purchased in the UK.

3. I was contemplating an Honda cultivator of some sort which would stretch my megre funds and then I saw this:-

The ground is pretty flat, so....in the words or Clarkson..."how hard can it be?"

• Like 1

Get a trashed ATV. This will give you the rear axle, wheels and tires, sprocket.

Fab a subframe - can U weld ? Align rear sprocket with engine sprocket. Done

For a garden, at low speed, no suspension - or an assembly with rubber blocks to flex a bit - will be enuf.

Stick in a GS1100 engine, do the job in 5 minutes, finished !

• Like 1

You maybe can just run the axle thru the swingarm. Shim if required. Use something to control lateral movement - stop blocks with a set screw are easy.

Then use stock suspension. Solo seat and use the passenger seat to add weight to allow harrow teeth or WHY to bite deeper.

21 hours ago, canthai55 said:

You maybe can just run the axle thru the swingarm. Shim if required. Use something to control lateral movement - stop blocks with a set screw are easy.

Then use stock suspension. Solo seat and use the passenger seat to add weight to allow harrow teeth or WHY to bite deeper.

Brilliant. You've done this before right. ;)

28 minutes ago, NormanW said:

You've done this before right. ;)

Never. But pulling wrenches, welding, operating, driving my whole life - well, since about 12.

We never had the $$$ to hire a mechanic, so ... want it fixed, fix it.

Can't buy, so ... build it.

• Like 1

Trouble is TIP (This is Portugal) and not even the Algarve....and there lies the rub!

..yes I can weld, though will need practice arc welding and will have a huge workshop and a cooler climate.

I will have this Royal Enfield, I do have the long 1 acre plot and I don't have deep pockets....plus no one can see me if I screw it up.

22 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Allah is watching you...

Why did you have to say that, I thought he was busy in the middle east?

What you fail to recognise is that "God is watching us.......from a distance"

"Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools." Kenneth More, playing Douglas Bader, from the film "Reach for the Sky". If I remember rightly that was what he said just before he crashed and lost his legs....so what are you getting at???

Edited by AllanB
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AllanB said:

Why did you have to say that, I thought he was busy in the middle east?

What you fail to recognise is that "God is watching us.......from a distance"

"Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools." Kenneth More, playing Douglas Bader, from the film "Reach for the Sky". If I remember rightly that was what he said just before he crashed and lost his legs....so what are you getting at???

Buddha.

[& NSA of course, every key-stroke]