How long does marriage extension approval take?

Applied for a first time marriage extension in Phuket almost 4 weeks ago.

I know they were closed for a while for Songkran but how long does it normally take to get approved? (I know to check online).

The report back date is not until May we applied early, but we will be away from Phuket but still in Thailand on the report back date. They did say it should be ready before then. Thanks

Apparently they started the 30 days for the report back on the date your current permit to stay ended. Some offices start it from the date you apply.

It is difficult to predict when it will be completed. It all depends upon what division 6 headquarters in Hat Yai workload for doing the approval is.

When it gets close to the report back date you should check with immigration in Phuket. Sometimes they can contact Hat Yai to find out if it has been done yet and/or have it expedited.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Apparently they started the 30 days for the report back on the date your current permit to stay ended. Some offices start it from the date you apply.

It is difficult to predict when it will be completed. It all depends upon what division 6 headquarters in Hat Yai workload for doing the approval is.

When it gets close to the report back date you should check with immigration in Phuket. Sometimes they can contact Hat Yai to find out if it has been done yet and/or have it expedited.

Thanks, there is still time but will contact back if I don't hear

My report back date and my permission to stay stamp are both the same, maybe because I applied early >30 days

I used to have my extension in April as well in Phuket. It used to take around 4wks about 5yrs ago, but now you can expect anywhere from 5 to 6 weeks during Songkran time as there are quite a few holidays in March / April. I moved my dates to October instead because of this. There's no issue with not being there on the report back date, but wouldn't leave it too long after.

3 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Same theme, but different extension. Assuming documentation is correct, how long does it take for a retirement extension.

Approved while you wait at immigration for it to be done,

37 minutes ago, Tbone999 said:

I used to have my extension in April as well in Phuket. It used to take around 4wks about 5yrs ago, but now you can expect anywhere from 5 to 6 weeks during Songkran time as there are quite a few holidays in March / April. I moved my dates to October instead because of this. There's no issue with not being there on the report back date, but wouldn't leave it too long after.

It would be around 10 days after the report back date when we return to Phuket. I will though let them know before hand if the approval has not arrived. Thanks.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I applied for extension on 3 April and they put a stamp in my passport :"Application of stay is under consideration...applicant must contact this office again in person on 3 May"

For my last extension, after the 30 days consideration my immigration office did not get the anwser from bbk.
They  send me out with my expired  stay permit and a phone number to call everyday till they get an anwser. Its took one week before they got the the positive anwser and i got the stamp.

Apparently its something they regulary deal with, as the phone number they give me was already printed on a small paper and they did fix this paper in my passport like its was a normal procedure.

3 hours ago, Tbone999 said:

Jomtien 6 weeks

Am I to understand that I should be applying for a marriage extension 1 month before oa  visa expires.  If this is correct them i am already behind the eightball.  Could I apply for a 90 day extension

2 minutes ago, btw65 said:

Am I to understand that I should be applying for a marriage extension 1 month before oa  visa expires.

That is not correct.

You can apply for the extension at any time during the last 30 days of your current permit to stay.

Am I to understand that I should be applying for a marriage extension 1 month before oa  visa expires.  If this is correct them i am already behind the eightball.  Could I apply for a 90 day extension

2 hours ago, btw65 said:

There is a stamp in your passport which indicates your date of arrival and the date you are permitted to stay until.. IT IS THAT DATE WHICH IS IMPORTANT.  You should apply for the extension during the last 30 days of your permitted to stay date 

11 hours ago, btw65 said:

Am I to understand that I should be applying for a marriage extension 1 month before oa  visa expires. 

There is no such requirement. As I wrote before you can apply for the extension at any time during the last 30 days of your current permit to stay. You can even do it on the last day if you want to.

When your application for an extension of stay based upon marriage is accepted you will be given a under consideration stamp that allows you to stay in the country until you application is approved. The stamp will have a report back date on it 30 days from the date you apply or from the date your current permit to stay ends dependent upon the office where you apply.