Ranong Visa Run

Hi,

Earlier this year I did a visa run to Andaman Club, and was given 30 days on arrival when returning back to Thailand. I was also able to extend this visa for a further 30 days at immigration.

I have just called another visa run company and they are only offering the visa run service from Ranong immigration ( I guess taking a different crossing into Myanmar).

When I spoke to lady she confirmed I would get 30 days on arrival, but that I would not be able to extend for a further 30 at immigration........is this correct or is this company giving out false information? 

I was under the impression you can do 2 land crossings a year, which can be extended a further 30 ( regardless of land entry point)

Let me know if I'm correct as I suspect the visa company is just saying it can't be extended so you use their service more.

Thanks,

Johnson81

Thanks UbonJoe I thought as much...

So essentially when you go to immigration it doesn't matter if the visa exempt stamp has come from air or land in determining whether they give you another 30 days ( assuming you have only done 2 land crossings that year)?

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no rule that prevents you from getting a another 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry.

Perhaps the company was given incorrect information by somebody.

I have also heard Phuket immigration only does one visa exempt entry extension per year.

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I have also heard Phuket immigration only does one visa exempt entry extension per year.

I have not seen any report about that. There is certainly no written rule to support it.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
5 hours ago, stevenl said:

I have not seen any report about that. There is certainly no written rule to support it.

Lack of reports aside, extensions are discretional so if Phuket immigration want to limit the number of extensions they already have the power.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, elviajero said:

Lack of reports aside, extensions are discretional so if Phuket immigration want to limit the number of extensions they already have the power.

OK, you win , have a nice day.  :giggle:

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Still seems to be the Phuket SOP at the moment. And that is Phuket Town, not Patong.

• 9 months later...