Reducing the water level to the second step.

up2you2

Reducing the water level to the second step.

It was suggested to me to reduce the water level of my swimming pool to the second step ( top step leaking), that I use the vacuum pool inlet (lower than the skimmer basket).

For what ever reasons the pump takes forever before it has established enough pressure, to suck in the water at full speed.
Now it's working, but not for long.
As then the pump stops sucking, and then the whole process starts all over again.

Solutions:

Opened and closed the filter basket in the Astral pump tightly 
Changed and tried the Emaux filter dial to backwash, rinse and waste
From the Emaux filter reduced the outflow from it
Closed the vacuum hose inlet, and tried just from the skimmer basket

With all of the above, exactly the same process, eventually up and running, water discharging from the pool, then the pump has a hiccup, and shuts down.

Any thoughts or possible solutions greatly appreciated.

Now if a feasible solution cannot be found, then I have to purchase a small portable pump.
Does anybody have an experience of these products in the price range of 1000-2000 Baht please?

18 minutes ago, grollies said:

Pump out from the bottom drain, not the skimmer. Sounds like your pump is pulling air from the skimmer and loosing suction.

Regrettable no bottom drain, in spite of requesting one on installation.

1 hour ago, up2you2 said:

Regrettable no bottom drain, in spite of requesting one on installation.

OK. You need a pump. Can you borrow one? Or HomePro, Global House, etc do submersible pumps, 1" 1/2 for around B2,500

So if your skimmer is the only water source for your pump, how were you going to lower the water level like that to the 2nd step

That is like mine , but i only have a very small pool & have to fill to back wash

As mentioned Home pro or Do Home for a pond pump 

PS: So your saying your vacum wont work  where you put the peice into the skimmer for the hose to attach                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

5 hours ago, BEVUP said:

So if your skimmer is the only water source for your pump, how were you going to lower the water level like that to the 2nd step

That is like mine , but i only have a very small pool & have to fill to back wash

As mentioned Home pro or Do Home for a pond pump 

PS: So your saying your vacum wont work  where you put the peice into the skimmer for the hose to attach                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

I have previously been informed I have two water sources to my pump.
The skimmer box and also the vacuum wall inlet.
Both were working normally, prior to try and drain the pool.

The fact that either one or both can draw water from the pool, intermittently, to date nobody can give me an explanation for this, let alone find a solution whereby the pump can constantly draw water from the pool.
I feel that there is some kind of air pocket
problem in the system behind this.

The height of the vacuum hose inlet, is the height of the second step, this is the level that I would like to reduce the pool to.

Going about this all wrong.

Empty the pool (submersible pump). Can get a small one from any major hardware for around 3 K. Fix step or steps.

It is possible that some other leaks are there in the steps?

Refill and use both the vacuum & skimmer.

(No main drain??? I have seen this a few times here & there is one guy going around selling F/glass pools without a main drain "Saves him $$$$ in manufacturing")

How old is the pump, as the impeller may be worn?

(If so then I would think is becuase of no main drain and the water level being below the skimmer many times)!!

Always fill the pump (Lint) basket with water to help it prime.

I have had a problem pump that wouldn't prime. I had to use a submersible pump with big flow to force water through the vac point to get suction. (Only once in 15 yrs here)

Good luck!

Archived