Have you ever been a victim of "Non-Violent Crime" in Thailand???

Mario666

Some little biker dude in Krabi who runs a bar took a bad shine to me. He kept on touting me to come to his bar and just ignored him, said hello, nothing rude (i don't drink often.) Then one day he start yelling at me '<deleted>, <deleted>, <deleted>..." and almost every time he sees me he gives me some threatening look or says something rude in broken English. It is basically criminal harassment.  Again i did nothing to provoke this guy and continue to just ignore and avoid him. He is probably on meth and unhappy that his bar is not turning a profit. 

I wish Thailand would really enforce their drug laws and start with these skid bars that all sell drugs.  Farangs would not get their supply and not get busted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

To add:

Makro's version of Cumberland Sausage, there's a crime if ever there was one.

Yeh Ha, ha ha....and their "Herb Sausages" are FF-ing awful ....They stink and repeat on you for hours....A bit like an English teacher we had at school who smoked too much. His name was Pongo Robinson :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quite a few actually. Immigration in Phuket Airport asked for 1,500 overstay when I

was only two days over. The officer saw I had extra baht in my wallet. Police occasionally.

One time my friend was stopped for not wearing a helmet. I pulled over as well. My friend

was giving him the gears, I started to giggle. The officer became irate at me. Gave me a

ticket for not wearing a helmet. When I protested as I was wearing a helmet he said the chin

strap was not tight enough and I got a ticket along with my buddy. A few other similar po-po

shakedowns. The only significant loss was 19k baht. A lady friend I "invited" home for the

night. She jimmied the lock on a drawer and took 19k of 25 I had in a billfold. Lessons learned.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Re money 'disappearing'. A very similar thing happened with my best friend, and he ended up dead. He noticed money vanishing from an account he held and suspected that his wife was making secret withdrawals, using his card when he was sleeping. He told her that he was going to his bank, which required a trip from Roi Et to Bangkok, to check through things with them, and a day or two later he mysteriously got food poisoning.

He was hospitalised, but was eventually allowed home - where he soon mysteriously 'fell' down the stairs. Back to the hospital where he developed complications and died soon after. Before he died I asked if they could check for any poisons in his system and they lied and said they already had (not routine procedure I'm sure, so I'm sure they lied). His wife rarely visited him in hospital, and soon after he died she linked up with a 'former' boyfriend.

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Re money 'disappearing'. A very similar thing happened with my best friend, and he ended up dead. He noticed money vanishing from an account he held and suspected that his wife was making secret withdrawals, using his card when he was sleeping. He told her that he was going to his bank, which required a trip from Roi Et to Bangkok, to check through things with them, and a day or two later he mysteriously got food poisoning.

He was hospitalised, but was eventually allowed home - where he soon mysteriously 'fell' down the stairs. Back to the hospital where he developed complications and died soon after. Before he died I asked if they could check for any poisons in his system and they lied and said they already had (not routine procedure I'm sure, so I'm sure they lied). His wife rarely visited him in hospital, and soon after he died she linked up with a 'former' boyfriend.

Smells worse than "Pla Ra" to me...poor guy :sad:

42 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

When you’re trying to be clever try not to make grammatical errors

Nice one FN...I spotted it too but don't want to get into a spat with anyone....This is supposed to be fun...Yeh?:thumbsup:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

I carry a decoy wallet in my back pocket. It was lifted at an ATM in a CM mall.

Begs the question "Where was your real wallet?"...On second thoughts don't answer that :cheesy:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

As in the words of a Judge I just knew you were going to say that. :laugh:

Einstein has a lower IQ than me. :thumbsup:

His IQ might have been lower  but I would bet he was a lot smarter ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

OMG. Really ? 

• Thanks 1

We'll never really know what happened. I just have deep suspicions. I should have mentioned that it wasn't the usual household account from which money was disappearing, but a separate 'rainy day' account.

I would also add that he was in his early seventies and she was an ex-dancer from Rawhide in Cowboy. In fact, he claims to have suggested the name to the owners. Despite her 'origin', they had been married a very long time, nearly 20 years I think.