Have you ever been a victim of "Non-Violent Crime" in Thailand???

Mario666

34 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Yes

Sorry to hear that,

You may have seen an earlier post from me. I have a reasonable pension stash in the UK, but withdrawals are taxed at source.

I am investigating whether or not it is possible to reclaim the tax if declared "Non-Resident" on your tax return?

I had a mate who did QROPS...he hasn't lost money, but their management fees are so high (6%) it means he is lucky if he gets more than 1% growth.....thankfully the contract ends next month and he can withdraw all the balance without any settlement fees.

• Like 1

I dont believe that anyone could spend more than a couple of days in Thailand without being the victim of some sort of scam/fraud/theft, be it simple overcharging or some massive con trick or anything in between. And not necessarily perpetrated by a Thai national.

Anyone who does believe that this has never happened to them probably just hasn't realised it (yet). Time to take those rose-coloured specs off, perhaps.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 12:44 PM, Kwasaki said:

I deduce a reaction of an insult concerning lady-boys.

Usually obvious where street patches set up, take more notice. 

A passport should always be kept safe, you are only required to carry a copy of your passport.

The passport should of been renewed before applying.

Leaving your wallet for a temporary girl companion to have access to is asking for it.

That's entrapment and would be thrown out of a court.

So you would be violent to a womam

After some 12 years you should know better. :laugh:

Good pick up..

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

.....should HAVE.......

At first he refused to give me the extension as many of the the stamps had been washed out.

"The passport should of been renewed before applying ".

ok not capitals :laugh: so grammer police ( added to dictionary ) what's wrong with that advice that the OP can't understand proper english or not, right or wrong..? 

6 hours ago, LeoTex said:

Actually this has happened twice to me over the years coming to Thailand.

A Thai Girl has stolen my heart and after wising up, I got it back.

LeoTex 

but did your get your money back?

Kwasaki you wrote:

"The passport should of been renewed before applying ".

ok not capitals :laugh: so grammer police ( added to dictionary ) what's wrong with that advice that the OP can't understand proper english or not, right or wrong..? 

I wasn't going to say anything Kwasaki, but I am afraid Wgdanson is correct....Your grammar is wrong...It should be "should have".:sad:

Also it is spelt "grammar" not 'grammer" which as you have an IQ higher (according to you) than Einstein and so obviously "MUST OF" gone to GRAMMER SCHOOL you SHOULD OF known! :cheesy:

N'est-ce pas?:whistling:

BTW what sort of motorbike do you drive? A Hindah or maybe a Suzoki or is there a clue in your name? :whistling:

Edited by Mario666
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Please, let's not go down the spelling/grammar nazi route, it takes the fun out of things. My grammar is terrible anymore and is only helped these days by having recently installed "grammarly" (free) which helps a lot.

https://www.grammarly.com/

I agree mate....only having a bit of "Banter" with 'Albert" :smile:, I am sure I will get some back.

Unlike a one armed waiter I knew once who could take it, but he couldn't dish it out! :cheesy:

Edited by Mario666
  • Like 1

But while we are on the subject of grammar and spelling I was on a train in Wales once and I asked the ticket guy what the next station was so he started " Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.....forget that....Bangor" :smile:

Edited by Mario666

11 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

But while we are on the subject of grammar and spelling I was on a train in Wales once and I asked the ticket guy what the next station was so he started " Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.....forget that....Bangor" :smile:

Same thing happend to me in Thailand, the next stop was Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit....Bangkok

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Same thing happend to me in Thailand, the next stop was Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit....Bangkok

Yo.....Nice one! :cheesy:

The OP is clearly a drama queen and someone who walks around "looking for trouble."

The only times I have felt (however mildly--I'm 2 meters tall, 108 kg, and not, shall we say, the average person a Thai would think to start trouble with) threatened with physical violence in Thailand is from drunken farangs, usually falling in that group of "our friends from the British Isles"...you get the idea.

8 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

The OP is clearly a drama queen and someone who walks around "looking for trouble."

The only times I have felt (however mildly--I'm 2 meters tall, 108 kg, and not, shall we say, the average person a Thai would think to start trouble with) threatened with physical violence in Thailand is from drunken farangs, usually falling in that group of "our friends from the British Isles"...you get the idea.

Well I am glad you are nearly 2 metres tall because this English "Drama Queen" is only 170cm which means you are the perfect height for me to smack you right in the "Deleted" without bending down :smile::thumbsup:

Are you German perchance?

On 4/22/2018 at 2:52 PM, Mario666 said:

Begs the question "Where was your real wallet?"...On second thoughts don't answer that :cheesy:

Left-side pocket flip wallet for daily cash and CC, emergency cash inside zip compartment of belt, and passport in concealed carrier hung from belt on right. No loss - other than decoy - during 20 years of visits to Thailand.

Only times I've thought I would wind up defending myself, it was always, and I mean every time, because of a drunken farang. 

Both times a Brit.  Not a Yank, Aussie, or Eurolander of some kind.  Always a gob <deleted> Brit.