night market Thepprasit 2nd hand clothes

THAILIBAN

After going to the Tuesday & Friday Buakow market & seeing how cheap 2nd hand clothes can be I'd guess that the vendors are getting this stuff ultra cheap by the container load; and based upon the sizing of shirts & jackets perhaps from a foreign country.  I doubt they will pay much for anything.  Better to gain some goodwill and give away what you no longer need.

T-shirts are bought by resellers at 20 baht each at a place way outside of Bangkok.  You pick and choose which you want to buy.  I think it's 50 shirts minimum for that price.  Still, it's 1000 baht for your choice of 50 T-shirts. 

Agree.  donate your clothes to the needy.

1 minute ago, AlexCanada said:

T-shirts are bought by resellers at 20 baht each at a place outside of Bangkok.  You pick and choose which you want to buy.  I think it's 50 shirts minimum for that price.  Still, it's 1000 for your choice of 50 T-shirts.  .

Each to their own but why would anyone want to buy and wear second hand clothes ?

Each to their own but why would anyone want to buy and wear second hand clothes ?
I bought some "original" second hand Levis jeans for 300 baht a pair...new pairs are about 6000 baht and the material is really thin.1

I've also got some Levis bought in USA about 30 years ago still going strong !

7 minutes ago, johng said:

I bought some "original" second hand Levis jeans for 300 baht a pair...new pairs are about 6000 baht and the material is really thin.1

I've also got some Levis bought in USA about 30 years ago still going strong !

There's a huge market for branded 2nd hand clothes. Usually, they are much better quality than the new cheap sh*t they sell. I don't know if they do it in Thailand, but in the Philippines they import shipping containers full of 2nd hand clothes from the US. Most wealthy people don't wear a new item of clothing more than once or twice (sometimes, especially with women, not even once), so they can be a great buy.

57 minutes ago, DipStick said:

The wife buys them for doing dirty jobs and riding my dirt bike. I like the ones with a good strong second hand stink.

59 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

The wife buys them for doing dirty jobs and riding my dirt bike. I like the ones with a good strong second hand stink.

Your wife I can understand, and I like your humour 

Let's not get sniffy and superior. Back in the UK charity shops abound and are a boon for pensioners, students and the low paid. Many a bargain is to be found and a lot of revenue is earned for the charities.

And they still fit.......lucky you [emoji106]
Well not quite...back then I was size 28 inch waist...I can just about squeeze into them but can't do the button up
or even walk around just stupidly tight .
I keep a couple of pairs to remind me of my youth and in vain hope of one day getting
back to a toned figure...[emoji1] [emoji123]

The 30 year old pairs where my fathers
32-34 inch waist which are now for me a nice loose fit ,adjustment with a belt depending upon size of beer belly (barrel)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 4:28 PM, DipStick said:

Technically after you wash and wear something once, it is used, so what's the diff?

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

I bought a few pair of 2nd hand panties at the soi bukao market and I was very disappointed. First, they didn't smell the way I wanted them to smell. Second, they were too small.

Sorry about that. Next time I donate a pair of my panties they shall go unwashed for your sniffing pleasure. Also, may I suggest that you hook them behind your ears to allow a comfy fit and for hands free operation.

• 3 weeks later...

Up here in Chiang mai my wife buys tightly packed bales of s/h clothes .Each one weighs around 40 kg.From the labels the clothes comes from Canada .T shirts and short trousers .She sells them at local markets .3 items for B100. The clothes look new and clean but need ironing .

15 hours ago, OneZero said:

Perhaps Father Ray Foundation (for Children) on Sukhumvit; or some other church.  ??  Sorry I'm not more specific.

They r incredibly SPOILT and showered with $$$$$$ and only laugh at such items.

A LOCAL charity, not run by farang, or a trusted Wat would be more appreciative, me thinks. But where?

Find a large clear plastic bag and leave the clothes( in bag) near to a rubbish bin....someone will take them in no time at all....same with old shoes,bags,hats,appliances,furniture,batteries,paper etc leave it near a bin the "recycling/scavengers" will have a use for it.

On 6/4/2018 at 11:51 AM, THAILIBAN said:

They r incredibly SPOILT and showered with $$$$$$ and only laugh at such items.

A LOCAL charity, not run by farang, or a trusted Wat would be more appreciative, me thinks. But where?

Nonsense, thats just mean speculation. I took a car full of clothes to them four months ago

they helped unload the car and they could not have been more grateful

On 4/22/2018 at 2:28 AM, DipStick said:

Because second hand clothes is cool if you really understand fashion. 

There are many stylist that hunt for second hand and vintage clothing for major stars and musicians especially in Japan and the US.

And besides it  a good thing to recycle and re-use!

Archived