Kasikorn Bank Debit Card - Applying To Use Online Shopping ? Paypal refused it.

gaff

hello,

I have a new Kasikorn debit card that I want to use on Paypal.

Do we still need to apply at ATM before being able to use the card online ? Paypal refused it, so I think it's the reason ?

Same process as before, go to ATM, apply for online shopping and then it's done ?

Thank you.

In the past the process was:

Applications for Internet Shopping by K-Debit Card and changes of information can be made at any K-ATM across the country, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

How to apply for the service

1) Select menu option " Mutual Fund/Apply for Service/K-Mobile Banking/Others "

2) Select menu option “Internet Shopping by K-Debit Card”

3) Select menu option “Apply”

4) Enter your 10-digit mobile phone number to obtain an OTP VbV: One Time Password Verified by VISA,

and to receive K-mAlert Debit Card Spending. Then press “Submit”

5) Read the terms and conditions of the service and press “Agree”

6) Get a transaction record together with an SMS to confirm that the application is complete.

You then go here to register the card

https://rt03.kasikornbank.com/enroll/cardNumber.aspx

You then go into your kasikorn branch and pay 200 baht to have the name changed on your card from "priveliged member" to your own name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For my KBank debit card, I was informed by KBank that for online usage it was better to get what they call a "Virtual Visa Card". They give you the number and CCV, but no physical card. My debit card was being rejected by many sites, but this virtual card has worked everywhere except one place.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, DefaultName said:

I have a Kasikorn debit card. Set up internet banking, applied on-line, and 24 hours later I got the needed details for my virtual visa card.  

Haven't tried PayPal, but it works fine for Lazada. 

You don't need 24 hours. you unlock the card at ATM.in 4 minutes

• Like 1

I dunno about the KBank debit card, but I have used the KBank CREDIT card with PAYPAL since they were permitted to operate here in LOS donkeys years ago.

No have issues whatsoever, apart form the PAYPAL's pricey commissions and nasty exchange rates when receiving payments from clients.

By approaching the correct KBank(You'll need to approach a local head office, not a branch, since the branches don't know sh1t...), anyone with a WP and  a security deposit can obtain a KBank credit card. I got mine from Kasikorn Bank South Pattaya office after the bank manager explained to local business folks how to apply for one.

As a general rule, debit cards are not permitted for international web based business, PAYPAL, whatever  - bite the bullet and get the credit card - its worth the trouble. :jap:

• Like 1

I opened an account at Krungsri Bank. No work permit. However, haven't tried with PayPal, as I remember an issue that one person stated above about using PayPal from Thailand.

My order was placed from US online company. Order shipped and is now here in Thailand. Expect any day now.

However, the charge was credited back to my account! So I have essentially paid nothing. If I get the package, that will be very strange. Notified the vendor and they say nothing wrong has happened on their end. Notified the bank, and they were to call back. 4 days and no call back.

Anyone else ever had such a thing happen?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rdhowell said:

I opened an account at Krungsri Bank. No work permit. However, haven't tried with PayPal, as I remember an issue that one person stated above about using PayPal from Thailand.

My order was placed from US online company. Order shipped and is now here in Thailand. Expect any day now.

However, the charge was credited back to my account! So I have essentially paid nothing. If I get the package, that will be very strange. Notified the vendor and they say nothing wrong has happened on their end. Notified the bank, and they were to call back. 4 days and no call back.

Anyone else ever had such a thing happen?

Last thing I ordered from Lazada, I got 2 of, does that count? They haven't asked for the second one back (yet). 

• Like 1

Not really. Since I have apparently paid nothing but I assume will get something ( 3000 bht, btw, so significant money). But until the package is in my hands, who knows. Will post back. I just don't want to get in trouble with bank, get accused of "stealing", etc. which, as a foreigner, would not be good!