what kind of visa it is?

my translation from an article of a newspaper :

a couple claimed they are 42 years old  and use tourist visa to stay 30 days in chiangmai, and use Bno for 30 days renewal. So, they can stay in chiang mai 60days by one visa.

Then, they paid the agency in Chiangmai 970hk dollars and the agency will accompany them to Immigration and do (something /they have not provided details)and they can stay in Chiangmai and no need to make any renewal within 1 year. They said its legal way. Any bros know what have they made?

They have mentioned they have been worked in school as a teacher and inn as an interpreter during stay.

There is no 30 day tourist visa so that is one error. I am sure they got a 30 day visa exempt entry that was extended for 30 days.

Since 970 hk dollars is only about 3900 baht i cannot think of anything they could get.

It sounds like nonsense to me.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no 30 day tourist visa so that is one error. I am sure they got a 30 day visa exempt entry that was extended for 30 days.

Since 970 hk dollars is only about 3900 baht i cannot think of anything they could get.

It sounds like nonsense to me.

If working as teachers ( of what ) possible school admin/agents fee/help to get 1 year extension based on being a teacher?????

970hk about 3900 baht.

Edited by overherebc

24 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If working as teachers ( of what ) possible school admin/agents fee/help to get 1 year extension based on being a teacher?????

There is no mention of them already having a non-b visa entry. If the visa was applied for at immigration that would be 2000 baht and then 1900 baht for the extension without the agent fees. Plus they would need a work permit that has a fee of 3000 baht.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no mention of them already having a non-b visa entry. If the visa was applied for at immigration that would be 2000 baht and then 1900 baht for the extension without the agent fees. Plus they would need a work permit that has a fee of 3000 baht.

The whole thing sounds a good bit iffy.