Thai police criminal clearing to work permit

It should be a joke only. A new regulation forces every non-Thai work permit applicants to have criminal clearance from the Thai Police.  At a first glance, it seems to be OK, one can approach the closest big police stations, waits a couple of hours and he will get the required confirmation. 
No, This is not the case. Thais are great to develop every simple case to be complicated and tiresome.
No one can get the confirmation from the local or even a close police station, it is only possible at Thai Police Headquarter in Bangkok. That simply means that every teacher should travel long hours, pay considerable money from Sadao to Chiang Rai. Moreover, some Embassies do not require this document for granting Non-B visa, but the local Education Office may insist on it. In my case, it cost 4000 baht and 4 times 14 hours travels, to get this confirmation. 
The normal procedure at the Police HQ is two weeks. Since the submitting the documents to Non-B visa is usually happens one or two weeks before one's visa expires, it is necessary to ask for an extension from Immigration office or do a visa run. (2000 Baht)
AT the Police HQ they take a fingerprint test and surely some other actions what the applicant cannot see.  (if any)
At the office, the stuff is mainly polite -finally, it is a police station, and most of their clients are criminals or will be that - but their English knowledge is limited. 
Maybe I am wrong but can hardly understand. Why it is so complicated and why it is impossible to take the fingerprint at a big police station and send it electronically to the HQ. 
Moreover, I cannot cope the use of this confirmation. I am not proud of it, but I know some guys lived or even living from crime. They have a nice life in Thailand no one bothers them. They are good whatever they want they can get and their very last wish is to have a work permit from Thailand. 

The police clearance certificate is not required to get a work permit for teaching.

It is also not required to apply for a extension of stay at immigration based upon teaching.

It is only required to get a single entry non-b visa at nearby embassies and consulates.based upon teaching.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The police clearance certificate is not required to get a work permit for teaching.

It is also not required to apply for a extension of stay at immigration based upon teaching.

It is only required to get a single entry non-b visa at nearby embassies and consulates.based upon teaching.

The local Education Office has refused to sign my documents to be submitted to the Embassy, so I had to do. 

I did not say it is required to apply for an extension, but since my visa expires before I get the police clearing, I had to do a visa run.

It is the same as blood test. Some Labor offices ask, others not. Sadly, my Labor office insists on it.