Best Washing Machine...?

Shola

Okay some help from those owning front loading washing machines!

Whats the best one, or what one do you own that you havn't had to get repaired in the first 6 months or year?

I defo need at least a 7kg to 7.5kg but really if you have a brand name one thats served you well let me know!

The reason I want a front loader is becuase they use hot water and have temp control and I've been using various top loaders and they're all a bit crap :o .

On a simalar note, anyone ever come accross imported washing powder here? Non-bio stuff?

Appriciate any info!

Thx

Sho

Bosch WAE26470AUW and here's a description. (we have the 6.5kg version. 2 years now, never a prob)

Capacity 7kg

Spin Speed 1300RPM

Warranty 2 Years

Dimensions Height: 847mm

Width: 600mm

Depth: 590mm

Door Opening Left Hinged

Energy Usage Rating

Water Rating 4Star

Other Features

- 11 programmes

- Cold wash option for all programmes

- Express 15 minute wash programme

- Eco programme for Cotton garments

- Skin care and Sport light programmes for extra care

- Revolutionary Polinox outer drum

- Time delay start/Time remain

- Large LED display and sensor buttons for spin speed, temperature selection and time delay

- LED indicators to indentify programme status

- Audible programme end indicator

- Duo Aquaspa scoop and shower system for faster soaking

- Detergent saver system

- 30cm wide porthole and 180° opening door for easy loading and unloading

- Aqua-Secure™ inlet protection

- Pump protector

Totally agree with the front-loading bit, far superior to the top-loaders

I have two friends with automatic washing machines in Thailand, both had to dig up their yard to clear the undersize grey water drains that were clogged solid with old soap powder.

We have used a Samsung 5000 baht twin tub for six years with no mechanical or pipe problems at all.

Thanks, I checked out the Bosch website in Thailand but found no washing machines on it, where did you buy yours?

Umm, here in Singapore, sorry . . . bought one for here and one for the house in Krabi, had it sent over.

My brother has a Miele . . . and is very happy with it - can't find Miele Thailand either . . . best to phone the large department stores and see if they carry them.

Make sure your front loader has a good supply of electricity :o

Our power cuts out fairly frequently and a front-loader is a major headache then. Can't open the door to get your laundry out :D

fer the price ob an automatic front loader you can get a simple, reliable twin tub and a housekeeper to do the laundry to boot...when the control component on a front loader goes ye can fergeddit...the price of a replacement is the same as a new machine...

Yeah really into getting a front loader, tired of buying clothes and them looking like they've been worn for years after just a few washes :o ! Although I'm sure the washing powder here doesn't help matters much. Most of the new ones have got a 5 yr warrenty so I'm defo gonna trade in my ol' top loader!

...1) Good water...
Thats it!

From the equipment: Zanussi, because they produce also all these Miele, Bosch, Siemens, Bauknecht, Constructa, Electrolux, AEG etc. machines :o

Ah, I forgot... maybe you like to buy american?? :D Than it's a Whirlpool.

How about LG or Siemens? Siemens is made abroad and imported and LG's asian but good price? Also I get a free mini fridge if I buy Siemens!! :o My hubby says any machine with an lcd/electrical display will break quickly?

Any info on Non-Bio powders?

...1) Good water...
Thats it!

From the equipment: Zanussi, because they produce also all these Miele, Bosch, Siemens, Bauknecht, Constructa, Electrolux, AEG etc. machines :o

nah, the best bar none is Maytag- some still going strong after 20 years. They sell alot of coin operated top loaders in commercial laundries.

Built like a tank and just as heavy.

I think they do some front loaders as well, not sure if in thailand thou.

best thing to avoid the grey stuff in pipes is run a hot wash if possible once in a while, its a mixure of soil and soap, or flush the pipe with caustic.

Edited by Donnyboy

Hoover top loader , built like a tank and takes about 10kg

Ours is about 10yrs and washes about 3 loads per day (every day!).

Getting into old age now . But plan to buy exactly the same when it conks out.

Costs around 23,000Bt

Hoover top loader , built like a tank and takes about 10kg

Ours is about 10yrs and washes about 3 loads per day (every day!).

Getting into old age now . But plan to buy exactly the same when it conks out.

Costs around 23,000Bt

The Op, however, is looking for a front-loader.

Front-loaders are more enegry efficient, use less water and have a faster spin cycle thereby making the clothes dryer = = = ergo sum, they need less time on the line. . . especially important with all the dust and garbage in the air.

Sorry, never seen non bio powder here. If I am remembering properly (and probably not), you are after one because you are pregnant. when I had my first girl I was concerned about the enzymes etc. as I couldn't get any non biological powder, I just rinsed it twice. That lasted around 5 washes :o . After that, I just made sure I used enough fabric softener

The Japanese makes of top loaders do not use vane type agitators as are common in US brands and should not be any more abrasive than front loaders (it is air/water agitation). Also new models, such as Hitachi do spin at very high revs. They also use concentrated wash cycle (low water wash) so should clean as good as most front loaders I suspect.

Be aware that most brands from Europe sold here will be old models so when they fail not only are no parts available in Thailand they are so old none are available in country of manufacture. This is not the place to buy for lifetime quality but for what can do the job well and be replaced when it fails. Sorry, that is not 'green' and I personally hate to ever retire anything but in Thailand it is often the only choice.

• Like 1

Sorry, never seen non bio powder here. If I am remembering properly (and probably not), you are after one because you are pregnant. when I had my first girl I was concerned about the enzymes etc. as I couldn't get any non biological powder, I just rinsed it twice. That lasted around 5 washes :D . After that, I just made sure I used enough fabric softener

:D Lol!, Yeah I know non-bio is better for babies skin (yep I'm preggers :D) but also I was wondering if it was kinder to clothes too as the washing powder here is so abrasive and strong, a coloured T-shirt lasts about 5 washes before it looks ancient! :o I know front loaders are also kinder on fabrics so thats another reason I want one.

• 4 years later...
Thanks, I checked out the Bosch website in Thailand but found no washing machines on it, where did you buy yours?

Umm, here in Singapore, sorry . . . bought one for here and one for the house in Krabi, had it sent over.

My brother has a Miele . . . and is very happy with it - can't find Miele Thailand either . . . best to phone the large department stores and see if they carry them.

I wanna ask how did you get it send from singapore to thailand ?? were it hard to send ? how long does it take?

I have 2 seimans front loaders, they both wash and dry my clothes without removing them.

Like the first one so well I bought a second for my vacation home at the beach.

Both model WD1260 - never has needed any service on either.

With that said, I paid about 48,000 Bt. and I now am having a new home made. Samsung has a new wash and dry front loader out for about 27,900 and I will give that a try.

I have a top end Electrolux front loader. It has broken down every year or two. Service in Bangkok was fast and efficient. Service in the provinces is terrible; it takes days and sometimes weeks of pleading to get their distant service rep out to look at it. Was a very expensive machine and a single maintenance issue can cost more than than the low end washing machine units they sell at Tesco of which can be serviced quickly by any regular technician so I find it difficult to justify Electrolux overall.

since this thread was launched we bought a Sharp brand, high capacity top loader (can do duvets) since the past 4 years in continuous service (2-3 loads per day) with no problems...outstanding machine; so simple to operate that the 8 y.o. niece is confident...

select your machine wisely; in the boonies there is no maintenance/repair support so that an uncomplicated unit is favorable to a multipurpose/one million settings POS that is more likely to break down...got to get used to cold water washings...

life in Thailand is supposed to be like Gershwin when he said that the livin' is easy...stinkin' finiky clothes washers defeat the idea...:rolleyes:

Edited by tutsiwarrior

...1) Good water...
Thats it!

Electrolux group brands

Electrolux, Zanussi, AEG and a few others not be sold in Thailand

mainly produced in Italy, exept AEG still produced in Germany

some models are assembled in Thailand but the spare parts are imported from Italy.

Whatever brand you buy from them its exactly the same machine. Exept the front

Originaly produced in Triest and Milano

Siemens groep brands

Siemens, Bosch, Constructa

Have to mention that there spare-parts are vert expensive, 100 to 200 % more espensive than the others.

Whirlpool groep brands

Whirlpool( took over Phillips consumer whitegoods), Bauknecht

originaly produced in Naples Italy

assembled in Asia with imported spare parts.

Miele

still an independant company, produced in Germany.

Have no headoffice in Thailand, headoffice is in Singapore. Only have one agent here.

Spare parts rather expensive.

Merloni group.

Indesit, Ariston, Scholtes, Hot-Point and dozens of other brands

candy group

candy, Hoover( exept the US, they are still independant)

Finding spare-parts for all this brands is no problem, They all have an after-sale service in Thailand.

In fact 80% or even more of the frontloaders are of Italian origin

Only Miele, Siemens and AEG are still producing in Germany.

In fact there are only 4 or 5 big players in consumer Whitegoods

Electrolux, Merloni, Whirlpool, Siemens are the mayors.

In short, my best advice is to buy an originally Italian produced Frontloader, The give the best value fot its price. And guaranteed years of no problems.

Personaly I use an Electrolux 7KG frontloader.

And realy don't have to be worried about LED screens in front. they don't give any problem.

A modern frontloader is full of electronics these day's.