Pattaya is not as good as it used to be.

ubonr1971

For the folks here that are very pro new/more  malls , condos , hotels. Not only does that create a massive construction zone in central Pattaya for years to come. Also these 3 and 4 stars are going to end up warehousing wholesale accommodation  for the mass tourism that will continue to increase ( more buses). And more Thais on weekends. Careful what you wish for.  

Having said that and on topic : Ya all dont have to go back 20, or 30 years. Pattaya was much better (subjective/objective ) for me just around back to 2004. Of course for others maybe not so.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Maybe not every resident of the UK has been to London but I am sure 95% of every visitor/expat has at least visited/check out London before setling down  somewhere else in the UK. Why would someone spend 30 years in Thailand and not check out many city/towns in the country including Pattaya?

Sometimes word of mouth, from many, is enough.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 hours ago, freebyrd said:
Why should living in Thailand have a visit to Pattaya as a prerequisite? I wonder if every resident of the UK has been to London? There's rather more to Thailand than just Sin City - and before the comedians come out of the woodwork, yes I've been to both :whistling:.

I avoided Pattaya for many years, glad i found it though

One man's meat.....

3 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

The issue isn't "not having been to Pattaya" but rather "not having been to Pattaya but commenting as if you had been to Pattaya".....I think.. 

Semantics, splitting hairs, call it what you will.

If you are under fifty and cannot get sex in Pattaya without paying for it, something is badly wrong, and you have only yourself to blame.

Maybe so. But I wonder what sort of person would sleep with me for free? Someone who looks like me? No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Acemaker said:
On 4/26/2018 at 6:26 PM, KittenKong said:

Is anywhere in the world as good as it used to be?

Yes, Romford.  

That's a mindless cliche. I'd pick now over every century prior to the 1960's. Countless millions dying of easily treated illnesses. No thanks. 

Some weeks ago I was first time in Pattaya and walking through Soi 6, there were plenty of girls, but only the girls at the last bar (near the sea) with the fatties inside tried to take me in.

Really wonder, why they did not care (maybe not handsome ... or too handsome, so they know, I want free :D). I was ready to get wasted on booze and spend all the money. To add that, none of the potential customer walking there got that "welcome handsome man" treatment, I remember some years ago Soi Erik in Patong, literally every customer got grabbed at every part of the body to lure them in.

I ended up in the one of the agogo's facing walking street and was really surprised about the quality difference between this agogo and the Soi6. 

Edited by IsaanFam

"Some weeks ago I was first time in Pattaya and walking through Soi 6, there were plenty of girls, but only the girls at the last bar (near the sea) with the fatties inside tried to take me in."

Were the "fatties inside" the girls or customers?.....Probably both! :biggrin:....No Offence! :biggrin:

Edited by Mario666
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IsaanFam said:

I ended up in the one of the agogo's facing walking street and was really surprised about the quality difference between this agogo and the Soi6. 

Well that hasn't changed. 6 has always been the last destination of a BG career.

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, DrTuner said:
Well that hasn't changed. 6 has always been the last destination of a BG career.

Not necessarily, a girl last year on the 6 now works in Sapphire agogo

Times are dire. The supply from Isaan must be shipping straight to Singapore.

On 4/26/2018 at 2:08 PM, janclaes47 said:

Maybe you should get out a bit more. Ever been as far as the neighbouring town of where you live?

Contrary to popular belief; there are better places in Thailand than Pattaya; even if you are sexpat or just have to have your canned beans for breakfast.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:17 AM, freebyrd said:

Why should living in Thailand have a visit to Pattaya as a prerequisite? I wonder if every resident of the UK has been to London? There's rather more to Thailand than just Sin City - and before the comedians come out of the woodwork, yes I've been to both :whistling:.

Have you been to Pattaya and Thailand? That's cooI. I don't spend much time in Thailand because I'm always in Pattaya.:smile:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Contrary to popular belief; there are better places in Thailand than Pattaya; even if you are sexpat or just have to have your canned beans for breakfast.

Better place than Pattaya for sexpats? Has sin city really lost it's undisputed #1 place and if so, to which hamlet where?

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Better place than Pattaya for sexpats? Has sin city really lost it's undisputed #1 place and if so, to which hamlet where?

Don't fret... It's still the best place for sexpats and expats LOL.

35 minutes ago, tropo said:

Have you been to Pattaya and Thailand? That's cooI. I don't spend much time in Thailand because I'm always in Pattaya.:smile:

'Lucky' you :sleepy:. I've 'wasted' my time living in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Hanoi, Wuxi, Manila and Phnom Penh, and other places outside of Asia. There's more to life than Thailand Pattaya.

58 minutes ago, freebyrd said:

'Lucky' you :sleepy:. I've 'wasted' my time living in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Hanoi, Wuxi, Manila and Phnom Penh, and other places outside of Asia. There's more to life than Thailand Pattaya.

That's too bad...  It sounds like you're looking for a life, rather than found one. I've wasted time in many other places before I decided, enough is enough - no more time wasting for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IsaanFam said:

Some weeks ago I was first time in Pattaya and walking through Soi 6, there were plenty of girls, but only the girls at the last bar (near the sea) with the fatties inside tried to take me in.

Really wonder, why they did not care (maybe not handsome ... or too handsome, so they know, I want free :D). I was ready to get wasted on booze and spend all the money. To add that, none of the potential customer walking there got that "welcome handsome man" treatment, I remember some years ago Soi Erik in Patong, literally every customer got grabbed at every part of the body to lure them in.

what is the quality difference between a go go vs soi 6 ?

a genuine question, i have been to every go go there was but never

voluntarily to beer bars since they havnt got air con & naked woman

There is stuff you can do in soi 6 that you can't in a go go.
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, tropo said:

That's too bad...  It sounds like you're looking for a life, rather than found one. I've wasted time in many other places before I decided, enough is enough - no more time wasting for me.

No, I've actually lived a full life, worked in every location and still doing so in Phnom Penh for 12 years thus far.

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

Well, for me the difference was that in the agogo I was, all the girls were super skinny (I like), tall and had sexy clothes, somehow a different breed. And they looked very clean and taken care of and were probably all around 30 or younger and except the one waitress at the end which was somehow insulted about my questions if she was a lady boy, everything was really smooth.

In comparison, the Soi6 was somehow uninspiring with 90% of the girls face down in their phones. And then, they all had the body type I only find attractive after some heavy drinking... I spotted a stunner, however she didn't look interested in luring me into her bar. As I said, either I am super ugly, too shy or too handsome/young so that they think I do not spend money anyway.

9 hours ago, newnative said:

Do these 'better' places all offer ocean views with sunsets over the water (my condo sits right on the ocean and it's lovely and so relaxing listening to the surf), good hospitals, excellent shopping choices with several nice, large malls, tons of restaurants of every kind, movie theaters with shows in English, a large and diverse expat community, close proximity to several international airports, wide variety of housing choices, and good weather year-round.  Pattaya may not be for everyone but in my travels around Thailand I haven't found a place I would rather live.

And endless farangs and the ripoffs which follow them

12 minutes ago, smotherb said:

And endless farangs and the ripoffs which follow them

In nearly 8 years here, never been ripped off by a farang.  And, with the lifestyle my partner and I lead it would be hard to imagine how we could be.

9 hours ago, newnative said:

In nearly 8 years here, never been ripped off by a farang.  And, with the lifestyle my partner and I lead it would be hard to imagine how we could be.

I said the ripoffs which follow farangs. Not farangs ripping each other off.